Forums
Driving through Liscard earlier I was suprised to see that Lookers Vauxhall dealers has closed. Also Classic Cars of Wirral has moved from Wallasey Village to Oxton.

Anyone what is likely to happen to the two empty sites?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Lookers Liscard & Classic Cars Wallasey Village - 1st Nov 2011 3:40pm
We have been told they are building crap cardboard flats on lookers, I bet the same will happen to the classic site, have they started them on the old parkmeare site yet?
Yes they have just started excavating on the old Parkmere site,
more flats I suppose.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Lookers Liscard & Classic Cars Wallasey Village - 1st Nov 2011 4:40pm
thumbsup
Well they did get the planning permission for the parkmere ones about 5 years ago, wonder why it has taken so long to start them?

I also noticed yesterday that the newsagents next to the parkmere site had its doors open once again, has it reopened or is it under refurbishment?
That is going to open as a hairdressers - good job, there is a real shortage of hairdressers in Wallasey Village !!
Originally Posted by Brown_Horrocks
That is going to open as a hairdressers - good job, there is a real shortage of hairdressers in Wallasey Village !!
raftl

Blooming eck, i`m sure the lady next to parkmere site will be happy about that! omg

It`s becoming more like seaview Road wallasey village run.
Why is lookers closing? That's been there for years! Sad times
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Lookers Liscard & Classic Cars Wallasey Village - 2nd Nov 2011 11:02am
Originally Posted by Chorizo
Why is lookers closing? That's been there for years! Sad times

Nothing last for ever...

Originally Posted by Frog_Eyes
We have been told they are building crap cardboard flats on lookers,
Vauxhall had a plan to bring the dealership in plant, put the purchaser of the new car up in a local hotel. They would then watch the car come off the assembly line with a bunch of flowers on the back seat. The savings on P.D.I would more than cover the cost. A customer experience and money saving exercise I don't think they would be able to resist.A saving of hundreds of pounds per car, Mmmm.
Were was lookers as i saw that cc of w had gone the other day when i went past but cant picture any other dealers there?

was that the dealers that went ages ago and got demolished almost opposite the church?
No it's next to the queens in liscard centre
I missed the liscard bit sorry
Lookers have shifted their buisness to the exsisting showrooms in Woodchurch Road and Ellesmere Port, according to the notice in the window.
They have recently had outline planning permission passed for their property in Urmston Road. This is NOT the plot of land where they have just vacated, but the former Tire Services building adjoining the exsisting terraced houses in Urmston Road (opposite the service bays). It's been disused for years.
The planning permission is for four three-bedroomed teraced houses with private gardens and parking. Not a lot of room inside as the front room has the front door and staircase in it.
However, this could just be a ploy to increase the value of the land, as land with planning permission is worth more - and Lookers don't seem to be in the housing market.
Originally Posted by Brown_Horrocks
Yes that`s right it is going to be a hair dressers ,i know the person who bought it ,but there are loads of hair dressers in the village
Classic cars won't be lasting much longer.

They've set up in the most pathetic spot ever.

Rip classic cars of Wirral no
Originally Posted by paranoidballoon
Vauxhall had a plan to bring the dealership in plant, put the purchaser of the new car up in a local hotel. They would then watch the car come off the assembly line with a bunch of flowers on the back seat. The savings on P.D.I would more than cover the cost. A customer experience and money saving exercise I don't think they would be able to resist.A saving of hundreds of pounds per car, Mmmm.

This sounds like the Porsche factory concept, they built a big glass factory and the customer can go round and watch their cars being built before picking it up. There's a good video somewhere but I can't find it.

CLICKY
© Wirral-Wikiwirral