Forums
Posted By: Mark Ford Loose $282 million - 27th Apr 2007 10:41pm
Ford Motor Company has reported a net loss of $282 million for the first quarter of 2007, comparing favourably with a net loss of $1.4 billion in the first quarter of 2006.

Ford's first-quarter loss from continuing operations, excluding special items, $171 million, compared with $223 million in the same period a year ago. Special items, which primarily reflected the impact of restructuring efforts, reduced pre-tax results by $113 million in the first quarter.

--------
How can they loose so much ?
Posted By: turbo_stu Re: Ford Loose $282 million - 27th Apr 2007 11:06pm
guess i'll be looking for a new job soon!

i don't know how they loose so much it could be an overall figure of all the franchises they own. they are trying to cut back on the warranty claims on some new cars, to help save money. says it all really.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Ford Loose $282 million - 27th Apr 2007 11:47pm
They are also a further $18billion in debt now due to them having to lend money just to stay afloat - https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/143561/page/7#Post143561

They are going the same way as AOL, they lose so much through constant advertising. If the cars were good enough to sell themselves, they wouldnt need to advertise so much, but it says a lot when even after ramming advertising down everyones throat every single day, through various mediums, they still cant sell enough cars to make a single penny profit.
Posted By: Mark Re: Ford Loose $282 million - 27th Apr 2007 11:49pm
I'm sure the figures are predominantly the U.S.A

But it has to effect the U.K. also?
Posted By: Mark Re: Ford Loose $282 million - 27th Apr 2007 11:50pm
oops didnt see that topic
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Ford Loose $282 million - 27th Apr 2007 11:55pm
Well lets put it this way, if I was in the market for a brand new car, I certainly wouldnt buy a Ford right now, even if I liked them (which I dont particuarly, I prefer the EU and Japs, but thats besides the point).

Sooner or later they are going to have to file for Chapter 11 protection and enter bankruptcy proceedings. In which case, all these people in their swanky new cars on their nice finance agreements will be left without warranty if they didnt emerge from Chapter 11.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral