Forums
Posted By: Scooby Clocked Doing 480 mph.... - 14th Nov 2003 12:26am
A driver was clocked speeding in her ageing Austin Maestro at an amazing 480 miles an hour.
Joanna James, 28, was sent a fixed penalty ticket after a drive on a 30mph road in Bridgend, south Wales, in her 14-year-old G-registration runabout, bought for just £100.

Ms James, from Port Talbot, was amazed because she knew her car could not barely manage 48 mph - let alone 480mph.

The speed is faster quicker than supercars like Ferraris and Lamborghinis, and twice the take-off speed of a Boeing 737 jet.

The mother-of-three, from Sandfields, said: "I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the ticket said I was doing 480mph. I can barely reach 48 miles an hour in my old car - never mind that sort of speed.

I have no faith in speed cameras at all

Driver Joanna James
"The ticket even said they had photographic evidence of me on a speed camera - but I would have been just a blur like a bullet flying past."

Ms, James, who bought the silver Maestro four months ago, added : "It's ridiculous. My battered old car starts to shake and shudder if I even try to put my foot down.

"A lot of our friends think it is funny - but I have got no points on my licence and I want to keep it that way.

The South Wales Safety Camera Partnership - run by three police forces in Wales - blamed the ticket on a clerical error.

A spokeswoman said: "We apologise for any inconvenience this has caused. We will be sending her an amended ticket for 48mph."

Ms James is planning to appeal against the ticket with its £60 fine and three penalty points.

"I was doing 32 to 35mph because I was concentrating on the signs to find my way home," she said.

"And if they think they're going to send me a ticket for 48mph, they can think again," she added.

"If they can get it wrong once they can get it wrong again. I have no faith in speed cameras at all."
Posted By: Saint Re: Clocked Doing 480 mph.... - 14th Nov 2003 12:32pm
funnyy thing is she admits she was doing 32-35 mph an says the camera mightbe wrong lmao
Posted By: Scoobys b*tch Re: Clocked Doing 480 mph.... - 14th Nov 2003 3:01pm
yeah!! she must be blonde m8, i know im blonde but even i wouldnt admit to speedin if they got it wrong the first time! how thick can ya get lol lol lol xx laugh wink tease
Posted By: Saint Re: Clocked Doing 480 mph.... - 14th Nov 2003 3:38pm
blondes hey tease lol only messin
Posted By: Mark Re: Clocked Doing 480 mph.... - 14th Nov 2003 6:09pm
And i'm sure there is somthing in the law that allows the police to still issue a ticket even though there is a typing error...

So if they get yu make sure it your best side. laugh
Posted By: Scoobys b*tch Re: Clocked Doing 480 mph.... - 16th Nov 2003 9:59pm
which side is me best side? no nasty replies any1 !!!!!! xx laugh
© Wirral-Wikiwirral