Forums
TO ALL YOU MERSEYSIDE EMPLOYERS WHO HAVE REJECTED MY JOB APPLICATIONS - AND, IN MOST CASES, HAVE TOTALLY IGNORED THEM - I AM DISGUSTED WITH YOU ALL.

JUST WHAT THE HELL IS A JOBLESS PERSON SUPPOSED TO DO IN ORDER TO GET TAKEN ON BY YOUR FIRM?

I AM FED UP WITH TRYING TO FIND A JOB ON JOBLESS MERSEYSIDE AND WIRRAL. I JUST FEEL LIKE GETTING OUT OF THE PLACE FOR GOOD.
thats a good idea seeyu
This site is full of employers? oshocked
Didn't realise employers had an obligation to reply to absolutely everyone who applies to their jobs, what a good use of company time hey!
Maybe you could ask someone to employ you as the rejection guy.
And I didn't realise there were so many employers and agencies (they are the worst!) around who led job applicants up the garden path!
Originally Posted by GrandMasterFlash
Didn't realise employers had an obligation to reply to absolutely everyone who applies to their jobs, what a good use of company time hey!

Very constructive and helpful comment from Flash I see.
Originally Posted by Jobneeded67
And I didn't realise there were so many employers and agencies (they are the worst!) around who led job applicants up the garden path!

Stay positive mate, there will be something round the corner, I'm sure.
http://jobseekers.direct.gov.uk/hom...3a-0fe7-4337-a33c-2f814058dfc3&pid=4

jobsite web search, 98 jobs listed when I looked for just Birkenhead from Bars to nails to engineering.
I know (lol).

Who's going to pay serious attention to THAT? Not many, I'll bet!
Cheers, Pepper_Head, I will do.
Originally Posted by Pepper_Head

Maybe he's tired of this guy and his bitching. I know I am.
Originally Posted by ex0__
Originally Posted by Pepper_Head

Maybe he's tired of this guy and his bitching. I know I am.

Don't see why job needed would bother you. You don't have to read and if you do feel an irresistible urge to read, then you don't have to reply, you just move on and get on with your own life, Simples!
Perhaps you are right, but people shouting on forums first thing in the morning really bugs me. Especially when this is the third(?) thread on the same subject this guy has posted. Have to wonder if he acts the same way irl cause if he does I wouldn't employ him either.
Posted By: sean Re: To All You Merseyside Employers who have Rejected - 29th Oct 2011 11:29am
jobneeded, what's you're trade/expertise?
I know (lol).

Who's going to pay serious attention to THAT? Not many, I'll bet!
There we have it everyone!

NOT the attitude to have!

learn
If he needed or wanted a job that much he would take one of the jobs available would he not? think

Noooo, he`s waiting for a job in NASA to crop up!

Listen chief, i suggest you go for one of the available jobs whilst you look for the position you want.

Get a foot on the ladder so to speak, an employer would much rather take someone on who is already working than someone who sits at home with their slippers on drinking netto hot chocolate all day.

:weneedarollseyessmiley.org:
Originally Posted by sean

moaning about employers! wink
In between my jobs which I thoroughly enjoyed doing I also took work picking spuds, weeding cornfields,picking sprouts, packing pork pies, baking bread at nights and weekends. The way I see it is, if you want to earn money take anything that's going until something better comes along. Mind you, I didn't have the Internet to sit on and monk all day about not having a job.

called courtesy
Getting Started

Jobneeded67 please read

a) CAPS is SHOUTING

and TXT Talk its rude and not necessary. Its Not Forum Etiquette please bare this in mind. b) Strong Opinions Welcome - Personal Insults are not. c) Read the Forum Introductions for Guidance along the way as each of the forums are individual in there own right. You will find our members want to help and Guide you along the way and welcome you too. Looking for more Help, you can see who is this forum Moderator just below. See the Sticky topics Below for more Guidance.
Thank you. Points taken.
One last point on this, when you get a job buy some insurance. 25 quid a month gets you 500 quid a month if made redundant. I bet that would help, and it also does not effect any of your benefits and it's tax free! People insure there mobile phone before there own wages! Crazy world!
Redundancy insurance payouts will affect income based benefits (including income based JSA). You have to be employed for more than 2 years to get contribution based JSA and it only lasts for 6 months before you go onto income based JSA.

yes what is your trade/expertise? i have contacts in liverpool and chester and other various places dotted around the country if you have basic finance/admin experience
What's jsa?
Job Seekers Allowance.
Originally Posted by Pete_306TD

yes what is your trade/expertise? i have contacts in liverpool and chester and other various places dotted around the country if you have basic finance/admin experience

id suggest you answer these questions before anything else.
people are trying to help you here mate.
nono
I think to everyone here it's time to give up on giving advice to jobneeded67 due to the fact he takes no notice whatsoever and I for one look forward to the day jobneeded67 comes online to say he has secured employment. Im sure I speak for all in wishing you luck.
I would like to say good luck to Jobneeded, banter aside , it must be a nightmare trying to find employment at the moment.
Hi. I have over 25 years of good, solid admin and customer service experience. I am fully conversant with Microsoft Word, Excel and Access, and have good knowledge of the internet and email. I can type 52 wpm, and love office work.

I would welcome ANY kind of admin work. I could start immediately if requested.

Thanks.
You still can't get into your head, can you, that I have tried EVERYTHING AND EVERYWHERE to get a job. I am NOT just restricting my search to admin.

I would welcome ANY job I could conceivably do, and I am not - repeat, NOT - lounging around at home all day doing nothing.

Look, mate, I would give the world for a job. Why oh why can't you see that??
Hi Toffeenose. Thanks for your comments. Yes, you are right - it IS a nightmare trying to find a job, especially here on the Wirral.

These employers are only exacerbating the situation too by the way they are treating us jobless. Disgusting.
It's always easier to criticise people who don't have jobs
especially if you're in a steady job yourself.
Just stop and think "there for the grace of god, or my education or who you know go I"
No job is guaranteed for life and in today's economic climate it all boils down to you just being a number who can be easily dismissed if there is a profit or saving to be made.
Jobneeded67 keep plugging away and good luck to you, don't let it get you down
god loves a trier, you crack on lad
Cheers, Derek. Yes, I will keep trying, as that's all I can really do at the moment, isn't it?
May I disabuse you from that misconception right away.

I DO listen - and act upon - people's advice. I always welcome any helpful tips from anybody. Everything is taken on board.

I assure you.
May I disabuse you from that misconception right away.

I DO listen - and act upon - people's advice. I always welcome any helpful tips from anybody. Everything is taken on board.

I assure you.

I see your no good with computers so there's the PA job out the window.

Will you PLEASE quote who you are talking too?

Use the quote feature like I have to you, maybe then people will find you less annoying.
i don't mean to be rude, but everytime i come on here the posts on this section are always the same grumbles, by same person....

why??

have you done what was suggested to you a while back, applied for poultry factories in deeside..they always taking on...and popping into places face to face rather than sending cv's etc?

Hi. I have over 25 years of good, solid admin and customer service experience. I am fully conversant with Microsoft Word, Excel and Access, and have good knowledge of the internet and email. I can type 52 wpm, and love office work.

I would welcome ANY kind of admin work. I could start immediately if requested.

Thanks.

www.huntswood.co.uk - Chester/Liverpool Based
www.m-hl.com - London City/Leeds/Glasgow Based
http://www.xafinity.com/Microsites/Hazell-Carr/Home.aspx - Countrywide Based

Enjoy
Viewed as good or bad your posts are getting some attention and hopefully someone on wikiwirral may be an employer and at least give you an interview.
Your posts remind me of the bloke in the news a while ago who used to stand on a busy roundabout with a large notice saying "looking for work" written on it which did eventually land him with a job from someone driving past
What the hell do you mean, "no good with computers????" I have over twenty-five years of computer experience!

What are you on about, mate? What made you think that rubbish?/
What made you think that rubbish?/

Prob the fact that you don't know how to do basic forum tasks.

Quoting the person you're replying to so that people don't have to go hunting for the post in question, spamming topics, using all caps to yell at us..
Originally Posted by derekdwc
Viewed as good or bad your posts are getting some attention and hopefully someone on wikiwirral may be an employer and at least give you an interview.

Yeah an employer's gonna want this guy for the job. He's been offered help, advice, tons of vacancies, email addresses to send his CV to, a signature for an application...he hasn't taken any of that help so I doubt he'd take an interview anyway!
I saw a programme where a woman walked round with a board saying what experience she had and that got her a job too tease
What made you think that rubbish?/

Prob the fact that you don't know how to do basic forum tasks.

Quoting the person you're replying to so that people don't have to go hunting for the post in question, spamming topics, using all caps to yell at us..
Originally Posted by derekdwc

Yeah an employer's gonna want this guy for the job. He's been offered help, advice, tons of vacancies, email addresses to send his CV to, a signature for an application...he hasn't taken any of that help so I doubt he'd take an interview anyway!

Exactly!

[Linked Image]
Ste when are we going to get that emoticon added to the emoticon list?
Ste when are we going to get that emoticon added to the emoticon list?
I'll mention it to mark, i find it strange we don't already have it confused
What the hell do you mean, "no good with computers????" I have over twenty-five years of computer experience!

What are you on about, mate? What made you think that rubbish?/

you need to re-think your choice of career, maybe lolipop man?
Don't be so stupid! What the hell would I want to be a lollipop man for?

(Sigh) Yet another who has little sympathy for my plight and just sees fit to spout sad, facetious comments.
sigh: another suitable job selection and all you can give is sarcasm exactly my point you don't want/need help. you are above everything

Oooh so you won't take any job then?
You're being trolled Jobneeded67. Don't feed them.
Originally Posted by Shambo
You're being trolled Jobneeded67. Don't feed them.

Oh shambo, he is not being trolled at all, all he wants is sympathy but he is not helping himself so nobody cares.

(Sigh) Yet another who has little sympathy for my plight and just sees fit to spout sad, facetious comments.

job, money, get off job seekers...foot in the door

It's a job, it gets you off main benefits but you still may get financial assistance should you need it, it gets you up in the morning, mixing with people (albeit kids and parents), gets you employed with the Council so you see jobs internally before they are advertised, you'd be giving something to the Community, helping people be safe....need I go on?

Don't dismiss it - it's a bloody worthwhile job!!
Dont think lollipop man is good idea he winges too much.........
I'm retired now but I can recall years ago we were often told by the so called experts when jobs where plentiful to find one you would enjoy doing rather than chase after the big money ones and be unhappy doing it.
Sadly the days of plenty of jobs have gone and we seemed to have gone back to the 30s where it is an employers market and you have to put up with whatever sh-t they give you just to keep a job.If you're not happy in a job surely they won't get the best out of you unless they have someone behind you waving a big stick..
I'd hate to be looking for work nowadays
loolipop man would be a great job. just think of all the milfs you can perve at doh
right im quitting the gas and phoning the council right now this sounds fun

and i will get paid for this?
I care Ste. Though I'm fortunate enough now to be able to pay my own way, there have been times in my life when I've suffered the misery of unemployment benefits and know what a sh#tty place that is to be.

Coming to wikiwirral to vent about being unable to find a job, (note I said a job, not any job), isn't any worse than some of the comments I've heard other people raise on this forum, and if it helps the OP then good luck to 'em.
loolipop man would be a great job. just think of all the milfs you can perve at doh

I was going to add that too Sean but I resisted the urge raftl Not like me to resist an urge devil
Av just got a job an there putting me thru college too.

So happy happy happy.
Originally Posted by DickyJim

So happy happy happy.

clap Congratulations DJ clap yipee I wish you lots of luck and success with whatever it is smile

Milf - what a revolting expression.
All the very best to you DJ.
Originally Posted by DickyJim

So happy happy happy.

Congrats wink
Tar peeps! Not sure I can put were am working its a pretty small place so i won't.

Trainee vehicle engineer.
congrats to you
I feel you frustration as I am in the same position. They have even wasted my time spending money that I have not got travelling to the interview only to keep saying i am over qualified in the job interview. Perhaps the interviewer feels threaten by me.. Who knows??? So why interview me and waste my time and theirs too???. I find agencies even worse. I have given up with them. Many basic positions I go for they end employing teenagers so dont have to pay basic wage. All I want is a job
If you don't want your time wasted, avoid these agencies:

Forrest Recruitment,
Stanley Staff,
Proactive Personnel,
Office Angels,
The Business Connection

They do not have admin/office work in, and only the basic factory work and financial work which needs experience with SAGE.

I am too looking at the moment as I was let go a couple of weeks ago. It never ends.
I could add many more to that list.
I could add many more to that list.
Reeds employment agency are good Jobneeded.they are in the city centre though but cover all areas in the Wirral as well
Oh, thats marvellous Tomb laugh

@Jobneeded, you will be bound to be 'took on'!!!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral