Forums
Posted By: dannybruff ELECTRICIAN in need of a placement for NVQ3 - 25th Sep 2009 7:25pm
City & Guilds 2360 Electrical Installation Competences Parts 1 & 2
City & Guilds 2360 Electrical Installation Work Course C
City & Guilds 2382 BS 7671 17th Edition Wiring Regulations
City & Guilds 2391 Inspection & Testing
City & Guilds 6438 General Construction Work

I am an ex HM Forces Non Commissioned Officer, and since leaving the military, I have been working as an electrician with various agencies within Yorkshire.

I have recently moved back home to the Wirral and applied to go to the Wirral Metropolitan College, to complete my NVQ 3, which is funded through ELCAS. Therefore I am writing to inquire about any vacancies you may have. I am in need of a work placement within the industry, requiring just one day off during the week.

I have gained experience in all aspects of the trade from industrial and commercial installation, down to domestic remedial work and fault finding. In view of my current situation I would like to draw to your attention that it is the work placement and gaining the NVQ 3 that is of utmost importance to me. So I am prepared to work for minimum wage if need be.

Unfortunately for myself, I am currently on Jobseekers Allowance, however this means that this letter is supported by ‘Jobcentreplus Work Trial’ scheme.

http://www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk/JCP/stellent/groups/jcp/documents/websitecontent/dev_016335.pdf

If there's any one that feels they could help me out, I would thankfully grasp with both hands any opportunity you might be able to offer. Thank you for your time, I shall eagerly await your reply.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: ELECTRICIAN in need of a placement for NVQ3 - 25th Sep 2009 7:29pm
good luck in tryin bud, I would take you on but i only got enough work for me and me apprentice, Try hangin out at whole salers and asking randon sparks.....I know a few people to get jobs that way.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: ELECTRICIAN in need of a placement for NVQ3 - 25th Sep 2009 7:53pm
Elo there danny. Welcome to wiki. I admire your initiative. Good luck, hope you get sorted.
I, too had to do 100 hrs placement in my job, when training so i get were you coming from. Again-good luck.
Posted By: Wench Re: ELECTRICIAN in need of a placement for NVQ3 - 25th Sep 2009 7:55pm
Welcome to Wiki Danny hi Good luck with the placement wink
Posted By: hoseman Re: ELECTRICIAN in need of a placement for NVQ3 - 25th Sep 2009 8:07pm
HI Danny, try cammell Lairds, very buisy yard now.
Welcome and good luck mate
x
Good luck mate. I wish I could help you but the electrical contractors I work for is laying off at the moment. Company's around here are cutting their own throats to get work. We recently put a price in for a large job at the hospital and we, and 2 other companys that put prices in got under cut by £50,000!. They must be working at a loss to keep busy or perhaps trying to get their foot in the door of the nhs. I can see things picking up a bit but very slowly.
Good luck with your search

I am self employed as a spark and the last 6 months have been horrendous for work.
Kevin is right about it being cut-throat as I am being undercut on nearly every job!

Steve
Posted By: dannybruff Re: ELECTRICIAN in need of a placement for NVQ3 - 28th Sep 2009 11:29pm
Cheers for the support, see when i start the college, do you think it would be possible to tag along on the odd occasion to get assessed? just a thought? Dont worry, I'm registered NICEIC an i'd not expect paying, its my interest to get it done. i just need some direction at the moment. I was self employed when i was in York but I split wi my chick so moved back home. I feel so deflated over the whole thing. I feel cheated.
Posted By: dannybruff Re: ELECTRICIAN in need of a placement for NVQ3 - 30th Oct 2009 12:03am
Good news all, i have a new job.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: ELECTRICIAN in need of a placement for NVQ3 - 30th Oct 2009 12:37am
nice one, who with?
Originally Posted by dannybruff
Good news all, i have a new job.

Well done mate
We want details!!!
wink
© Wirral-Wikiwirral