Forums
Posted By: Norton Meanwhile, in Windsor.. - 20th May 2018 5:57pm
While we watched TV and wished the Royal couple all the best yesterday ...

Did anybody notice the excellent state of the roads and street lights etc. in the public areas of Windsor?
I'm sure some things will have been 'touched-up', but a lot of infrastructure was pre-existing.

How do they do it? I don't know..
However, I do know that Band 'C' Council Tax in Wirral is £1307 and in Windsor it's £1142.

So, we are paying over 15% more in rates than they are. I've not checked the extra local levies.

Perhaps they are a healthy lot down there, with no rough sleepers (they were moved on the day before) or perhaps they have somebody who can do the maths better than their local counterparts..
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Meanwhile, in Windsor.. - 20th May 2018 11:39pm
Less crime
Less alcohol problems
Less drug problems
Less coast
More shared borders
More money
More income
Higher employment
Tory favouritism
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Meanwhile, in Windsor.. - 21st May 2018 8:04am
The roads are certainly pretty terrible around here. I may have to buy a half-track when I next change my car.

But for big events like royals arriving, roads can be miraculously improved even round here. I recall the Duke of Ed. visiting the Royal Mersey Yacht club some years back. It was obvious a visit was in the offing, the litter was cleared up and the road resurfaced for a couple of hundred yards leading to the club. I'm quite surprised that it happens anywhere really. Many visits are kept quiet for security reasons but sudden tarting up of an area is a dead giveaway.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Meanwhile, in Windsor.. - 21st May 2018 10:24am
The Queen thinks the whole world smells of fresh paint.

Refurbishment always has a trinary option:- a dignitary is visiting, its about to be demolished/closed ...... or both.
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Meanwhile, in Windsor.. - 21st May 2018 12:06pm
I don't know about the yacht club, but the road also serves the Refreshment Rooms which appears to be thriving.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral