Forums
Posted By: granny Council Website - 4th Nov 2015 11:11am
Wirral Council have changed the format of their website AGAIN, must be about the third or fourth time in 8 years.
It looks like school kids elementary level, but I can't find what I'm looking for.
What has happened to the lost/found pets on the Council website, or does that not apply any longer ? If not, what should we be looking for ?
Posted By: devilwoman Re: Council Website - 4th Nov 2015 12:03pm
Hi granny. From the homepage go into environmental services then follow the link to animal welfare and it will take you eventually to birkenhead kennels website and the lost and found section. Hope this helps.
Posted By: granny Re: Council Website - 4th Nov 2015 12:09pm
Thank you very much, devilwoman. Great help.
Posted By: Uffda Re: Council Website - 4th Nov 2015 12:46pm
I saw the new council website yesterday and found it really dificult to find what I wanted. I hate to be one of those people who complains about any change but this seems to be dumbing down what was a fairly straightforward and useful homepage.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Council Website - 4th Nov 2015 1:34pm
Search is rubbish. I typed "lost pets" and got:

Businesses unite to offer parking savings

... signed up the Parking Refund Scheme to date are Principal Pets, Gusto restaurant, Whitmore and White, Revitalaser, Army and Navy Stores ... they have paid to park in Heswall, will bring some of that lost custom back into the village, where they will benefit from the kind of ...
Posted By: devilwoman Re: Council Website - 4th Nov 2015 1:47pm
I also tried the search using all different combinations of lost pet, dog warden, council dog pound ect ended up going through each link before I found what I was looking for. I agree the website is not easy to navigate.Think they should leave things alone.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Council Website - 4th Nov 2015 3:03pm
There is less and less information available on the Council Website, when I have asked they can't even demonstrate and coherent policy or organisation on how they choose what is put on the site.

I firmly believe that each time they rehash the site it is in order to remove even more information. - ie they are spending money ensure they keep us in the dark.

"Open and transparent" as a black hole.

With the council performing less monitoring and relying on the public to keep a watch over things, it is frustrating that things like the various issued licenses are no longer on the site.
Posted By: granny Re: Council Website - 4th Nov 2015 4:13pm
The original website was quite easy to follow, then it was enhanced with clicks for just about everything under the sun. Next, I think they brought in a web company and they rehashed and amalgamated . Now it would seem that has been knocked on the head (maybe they couldn't pay the bill) and it's being started from scratch again. Dare I say it, but by a work experience or office junior, proficient in their ABC. verysorry
Posted By: lincle Re: Council Website - 4th Nov 2015 4:45pm
I needed Streetscene but eventually gave up & phoned them. Its a useless website
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Council Website - 4th Nov 2015 4:51pm
Reported some street graffiti on the website a couple of weeks ago - it has now been cleaned up.

BUT nobody followed up on my statement that it may be on CCTV.
Posted By: Mark Re: Council Website - 4th Nov 2015 5:35pm
The site was updated about the 6th October as all the links changed and become dead, I got an email informing me of the changes.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Council Website - 5th Nov 2015 10:52am
It looks like its been designed to be pleasing to the eye and touch on tablet devices.
Posted By: AdamS Re: Council Website - 6th Nov 2015 8:12am
It was updated in order to make it more user friendly to smartphones and tablet devices.
Most council staff I know hate it, as the update may be easier on those devices but it seems far harder to navigate on an actual computer.

The search function on the website has always been crap, but now seems worse!
Posted By: Frogeye Re: Council Website - 9th Nov 2015 6:24pm
Tried reporting a broken street light. Forces you to select a 'unit' to continue, which means the job is logged against another property/area - and 150 characters barely let's you provide the information they'll actually need to locate and fix the light.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Council Website - 9th Nov 2015 9:28pm
"Unit" is the lamp-post number which is printed on the roadside of the lamp-post about 6ft off the deck - they add a description to the number to help you.

I've just added one, when you submit it says .....

The system is recording your details.
This process may take a few minutes to complete so please be patient.

They aren't kidding - I've been waiting 8 minutes so far!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral