Forums
Posted By: venice Virgin offers.... - 2nd Jul 2015 10:05am
NO DILLY Not that ! smile

If you want any train trips from Liverpool or Chester , Virgin have got a cracking sale on until midnight tonight as long as you are flexible on train times. You need to book by tonight, and the trips must fall between July 18 and Aug 27th (No excuse now not to visit the rellies.) Still some seats left.

http://www.virgintrains.co.uk/sale/...dium=email&utm_campaign=Seat_Sale_T2
Posted By: Dilly Re: Virgin offers.... - 2nd Jul 2015 11:54am
Wow Venice you had my heart racing a bit there smile
Posted By: venice Re: Virgin offers.... - 2nd Jul 2015 12:25pm
laffin I know, I was just feeling devilish
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Virgin offers.... - 2nd Jul 2015 7:59pm
Prices didn't look that cheap.

Just a tip when booking online. Usually a lot cheaper to book single tickets (there and back) and also to and from intermediate stations.
E.g. Liverpool to London. Often cheaper to buy Liverpool to Birmingham and Birmingham to London and same on return. Similarly for other destinations --just check which main stations train goes through.
Doesn't always work out with specific train times but you can save loads.
Posted By: venice Re: Virgin offers.... - 4th Jul 2015 2:16pm
Well its a lot cheaper than I normally pay even with my SS railcard. Paid £10 each way for the adults and £5 each way for the kids between Chester and London.
Posted By: venice Re: Virgin offers.... - 4th Jul 2015 5:47pm
Thanks for the splitting tips by the way . I know they can be exellent sometimes .
Posted By: Giggler Re: Virgin offers.... - 4th Jul 2015 6:25pm
Hi. Does anyone know the cheapest return way to split my trip from Lime St up to Alnmouth north of Newcastle. When I looked last week it was about £91. Thank you in advance to the clever people.

Don`t really want to go via Birmingham!
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Virgin offers.... - 4th Jul 2015 11:25pm
Most sites state £91.40 but trainsplit.com comes up with some other options approaching £80 by changing at Newcastle or York.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Virgin offers.... - 4th Jul 2015 11:46pm
My brother got some good deals on the virgin offer. Bedford to liverpool 14 quid and to lake district around 20 quid return.london midland are doingsome deals.
Posted By: Giggler Re: Virgin offers.... - 5th Jul 2015 1:53pm
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
Most sites state £91.40 but trainsplit.com comes up with some other options approaching £80 by changing at Newcastle or York.

Ok DD thanks for that. Have to change at York anyway. But its about £10 cheaper your way.
Posted By: Giggler Re: Virgin offers.... - 5th Jul 2015 5:54pm
I`ve always found the trainline.com to be more expensive but it looks like they might be trying to be a bit more competative after last weeks Virgin offers.

http://www.thetrainline.com/?utm_me...0705_TTL_JulyFareAlert&utm_term=hero
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Virgin offers.... - 8th Jul 2015 10:36pm
Originally Posted by Giggler
Hi. Does anyone know the cheapest return way to split my trip from Lime St up to Alnmouth north of Newcastle. When I looked last week it was about £91. Thank you in advance to the clever people.

Booking in advance Briefly did Liverpool York return buying 2 single tickets £33.90 and York Alnmouth return buying 2 single tickets £33.50 which is £67.40. But you need to check times and connections. using national rail enquiries website
Posted By: Giggler Re: Virgin offers.... - 9th Jul 2015 9:20am
Originally Posted by fish5133
Originally Posted by Giggler

Booking in advance Briefly did Liverpool York return buying 2 single tickets £33.90 and York Alnmouth return buying 2 single tickets £33.50 which is £67.40. But you need to check times and connections. using national rail enquiries website

Thanks Fish for taking the time.Thats great.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral