Forums
Posted By: cricketer Byrne Avenue Baths - 31st Dec 2012 11:42am
Please can all that have been associated with our ventured into Byrne Avenue Baths over the years go to the following link http://www.facebook.com/ByrneAvenueCommunityTrust and hit LIKE as this will help us with the Big Lottery submittal. We wish to get to 500 asap....
Many thanks for your support
Posted By: derekdwc Re: Byrne Avenue Baths - 31st Dec 2012 12:06pm
Come on folks - it's for a good cause and won't cost you a penny

A recent visit by wiki - again thanks to cricketer
clicky
Posted By: chriskay Re: Byrne Avenue Baths - 31st Dec 2012 1:39pm
Liked. I enjoyed the visit.
Posted By: cricketer Re: Byrne Avenue Baths - 31st Dec 2012 3:01pm
100 people viewed and only 2 people LIKE'd common guys we need you!!
Posted By: cricketer Re: Byrne Avenue Baths - 31st Dec 2012 3:01pm
100 people viewed and only 2 people LIKE'd common guys we need you!!
Posted By: valli Re: Byrne Avenue Baths - 31st Dec 2012 4:30pm
Likes now up to 386 for Byrne ave
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Byrne Avenue Baths - 31st Dec 2012 5:43pm
I hated those baths as a kid but would love to have a visit back there.
Posted By: Elizabeth Re: Byrne Avenue Baths - 1st Jan 2013 2:31am
I remember the baths well and always got a cup of chicken soup from the vending machine after my swimming lesson to drink on the walk home.
Oh and I just clicked 'like' on the facebook page, hope it helps smile
Posted By: Nienna Re: Byrne Avenue Baths - 1st Jan 2013 12:05pm
Clicked 'liked'.

Would love to see the old place back in use again!

Wonderful times spent there!
Posted By: cricketer Re: Byrne Avenue Baths - 1st Jan 2013 12:13pm
Many thanks for the support. Keep sharing and click LIKE please as we need to hit 500 asap!
Posted By: turnip Re: Byrne Avenue Baths - 1st Jan 2013 5:37pm
Cricketer are you anything to do with the trust as I sent in a proposition for us to hire one of the sports halls from yourselves on a long term basis. Thus bringing you revenue when it's reopened and also offering my support and my business partners support. I have been trained in pr and social media so could have given a lot of help and I did not even receive a response. I was a little disappointed.
Posted By: cricketer Re: Byrne Avenue Baths - 1st Jan 2013 7:44pm
Hi, I have been the driving force and with respect to the other guys we would not have got so far if I had not shouldered the weight. However, it may have been me who missed something or did not follow something through due to my own work pressures and if it was I sincerely apologise. Please can you make contact directly and we can discuss via my email address [email protected]
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Byrne Avenue Baths - 18th Sep 2013 2:01pm
Volunteers wanted for Saturday 21st Sep from 10am to help clear rubbish and plant growth from the grounds.

Bring own tools and gloves
Meet up at the baths
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Byrne Avenue Baths - 18th Sep 2013 7:04pm
Two announcements following on from our Friends of Byrne Avenue Baths launch evening.
Firstly, we have a new website: www.ByrneAvenueBaths.org. It is live, but we need your input to provide photos and stories. For those who didn't make the Launch it also has details of the Phased Approach that we are taking when restoring the Baths. There are contact details on there too, for queries or if anybody who can help with sponsorship or funding sources.
Secondly we now have a Twitter feed - follow @ByrneAve
Posted By: guitarlad Re: Byrne Avenue Baths - 18th Sep 2013 11:34pm
Originally Posted by cricketer
Please can all that have been associated with our ventured into Byrne Avenue Baths over the years go to the following link http://www.facebook.com/ByrneAvenueCommunityTrust and hit LIKE as this will help us with the Big Lottery submittal. We wish to get to 500 asap....
Many thanks for your support
So happy this is going to open again.yes you got my vote mate.i dont mind helping i go look on facebook.Thanks for sharing this good news.Am not scared of hard work if its all for a good cause.A free cuppa is all i would want haha.
Posted By: guitarlad Re: Byrne Avenue Baths - 18th Sep 2013 11:43pm
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
Volunteers wanted for Saturday 21st Sep from 10am to help clear rubbish and plant growth from the grounds.

Bring own tools and gloves
Meet up at the baths
Allready says this on facebook,The guy has provided a link if you read the very first post mate.
Posted By: guitarlad Re: Byrne Avenue Baths - 19th Sep 2013 12:05am
I have invited alot of facebook freinds hope this helps.night night mate.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Byrne Avenue Baths - 19th Sep 2013 9:51am
smack not everybody has a facebook account.

please refrain from following me around and trying to undermine my posts.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Byrne Avenue Baths - 19th Sep 2013 10:32am
That place used to give me nightmares.

Posted By: Candlyfloss Re: Byrne Avenue Baths - 19th Sep 2013 10:49am
Hi count me in on Saturday.Its a like from me..Am sure we all agree that it does make a change from reading about boring bedroom tax etc.Bollocks to that lmao.
Posted By: rocks Re: Byrne Avenue Baths - 19th Sep 2013 10:56am
this is getting ridiculous now!!!
Posted By: Candlyfloss Re: Byrne Avenue Baths - 19th Sep 2013 11:14am
Just caught up on the weather forecast.And its going to be dry on Saturday.So looks like its going to be a nice day to clear the grounds.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Byrne Avenue Baths - 22nd Sep 2013 12:17am
Did anybody from here go along and help out?
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Byrne Avenue Baths - 1st Nov 2013 6:12am
Campaigners urge council to spare Byrne Avenue Baths

PLANS for the sale of Rock Ferry's Byrne Avenue baths complex will be considered by Wirral councillors.

A report before the ruling cabinet next Thursday will recommend retaking possession of the building from Byrne Avenue Community Trust, (BACT) and putting it for sale on the market.

The trust says it is "vehemently opposed" to the move and wants cabinet members to reject the recommendation.

The group is planning to make a bid for Heritage Lottery funding that, if successful, would be used to help re-open the building in stages.

Staff and swimmers were notified of the closedown by a notice pinned to the baths' door in 2009. A community group was formed to take-over the running of the complex, but as yet it has been unable to raise enough cash to re-open it.

The trust's plan was to match £350,000 of funding pledged by the local authority towards restoring the Byrne Avenue as a community centre run by local people.

Trust member John Kelly said: "We are going to speak to the council at next week’s meeting when we will tell them we are vehemently opposed to the proposed plan.

"To sell and demolish a building in an area like this is entirely the wrong thing to do."

Description: FLASHBACK: Protesters outside Byrne Avenue baths in 2009
Attached picture ByrneAvenueProtestors311013.jpg
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Byrne Avenue Baths - 28th Feb 2014 3:54pm
WE NEED YOUR STORIES
As part of our bid to get the building listed by English Heritage, one of their Advisers came out to visit at the beginning of Feb. The next stage will be an opportunity for us to give them more details of the history of the Baths. This includes social history - stories of how it was used. They are particularly interested in aspects that were not used when it closed down, so the Slipper Baths, the Small Pool, concerts, roller-skating etc.
If you have any stories or photographs, please email them to us at [email protected]. We will put some of them on the Memory Lane page of the website too.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral