Forums
Posted By: Dilly pub closes - 13th Nov 2012 8:58am
I hear another pub closed its doors on Sunday, The Lord Nelson on Trafalgar Rd, hope this is not going to be permanent, we are losing local pubs at an alarming rate.
Posted By: Nigel Re: pub closes - 13th Nov 2012 10:00am
Originally Posted by Dilly
I hear another pub closed its doors on Sunday, The Lord Nelson on Trafalgar Rd, hope this is not going to be permanent, we are losing local pubs at an alarming rate.

Why might that be? Rising prices? No pay rises, No smoking in pubs? Booze is cheaper in the supermarkets, I don't drink or smoke anyway.
Posted By: Dilly Re: pub closes - 13th Nov 2012 10:13am
Originally Posted by Nigel

Why might that be? Rising prices? No pay rises, No smoking in pubs? Booze is cheaper in the supermarkets, I don't drink or smoke anyway.

Then you will have no interest in this thread.
Posted By: Nigel Re: pub closes - 13th Nov 2012 11:13am
Originally Posted by Nigel

Then you will have no interest in this thread.

Thank you for your opinion Dilly, may I remind you that you are entitled to your opinion as I am entitled to mine, and I will thank you to respect that!!!
Posted By: casper Re: pub closes - 13th Nov 2012 11:23am
Sad news if its true,I grew up around there, went in the little Nellie many many times history is being eroded soon there will be no pubs(proper pubs)just giant noise palaces like fairgrounnds for the kids.
Posted By: lansyp Re: pub closes - 13th Nov 2012 1:16pm
Is it the first steps to a Muslim state ? Ile be buggered i like me beer to
much lol
Posted By: DeanoBirko Re: pub closes - 13th Nov 2012 1:31pm
A lot of people pile blame on the government and they dont help matters. If brewerys offered landlords fair prices for their beer then a lot more pubs would be open.

One brewery, not naming any names, charges close to £300 for a barrel of carling. You can get the same barrel for less than £100. Landlords are tied to buying their beer from the brewery and it makes it unaffordable. My father in law was with one in wallasey and they blatantly take the mick with their rates.

He has taken a freehouse recently. The till takes half the amount of the last pub, but he is much better off and can afford to sell beer for £2.20 a pint during the day.

Some breweries arent arsed. They will sell the pub if its not doing well and turn it into flats or a car park.
Posted By: Dilly Re: pub closes - 13th Nov 2012 2:39pm
Nigel I respect everyone's opinion , but for you to finish off with I don't drink or smoke anyway is like giving two fingers to those of us that do.
Posted By: Nigel Re: pub closes - 13th Nov 2012 3:12pm
Nigel I respect everyone's opinion , but for you to finish off with I don't drink or smoke anyway is like giving two fingers to those of us that do.

By you saying that "I will have no interest in this thread" is like you putting Two fingers up to me - So there!
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: pub closes - 13th Nov 2012 3:19pm
My God,you sound like a bloody Nigel.
Posted By: Nigel Re: pub closes - 13th Nov 2012 3:31pm
Originally Posted by ludwigvan
My God,you sound like a bloody Nigel.

;-} Lol !
Posted By: leeboy1968 Re: pub closes - 13th Nov 2012 4:37pm
No it's becouse the Landlords done a runner actually
Posted By: Tilly Re: pub closes - 13th Nov 2012 6:30pm
Originally Posted by leeboy1968

no its not. the landlord was there on sunday and closed the doors for the last time. he's just moving to scotland is all.
Posted By: daveybm Re: pub closes - 14th Nov 2012 8:42am
The Rose and Crown on Poulton Rd has been closed since Sunday supposedly with power problems or have they just not paid the bill?

Dave
Posted By: Dilly Re: pub closes - 14th Nov 2012 9:20am
Originally Posted by daveybm
The Rose and Crown on Poulton Rd has been closed since Sunday supposedly with power problems or have they just not paid the bill?

Dave

You may have hot the nail on the head.
Posted By: Zubee Re: pub closes - 14th Nov 2012 9:45am
The Rose did have power problems. Due to a large unpaid bill.... It will be open again on Friday under new management.
Posted By: Racoon Re: pub closes - 15th Nov 2012 10:04pm
Any idea why it's under new management/what happened to the old management?

I'd heard business wasn't too good and a lot of regular customers have chosen to go to the vics instead. Shame, used to be a nice pub.
Posted By: leeboy1968 Re: pub closes - 15th Nov 2012 10:52pm
Originally Posted by Tilly

no its not. the landlord was there on sunday and closed the doors for the last time. he's just moving to scotland is all.

Yes it is we knew a few weeks before, drove it into the ground with his nutty missus and done one without paying the brewery.
Posted By: Racoon Re: pub closes - 15th Nov 2012 10:56pm
Originally Posted by Tilly

Yes it is we knew a few weeks before, drove it into the ground with his nutty missus and done one without paying the brewery.

Is this the Nelson or the Rose?
Posted By: leeboy1968 Re: pub closes - 16th Nov 2012 1:27pm
Nelson
Posted By: Racoon Re: pub closes - 16th Nov 2012 2:54pm
Anyone know what's going on with the rose? Unusual that it's been closed for a week...
© Wirral-Wikiwirral