Forums
Posted By: Jenny_S Wedding dress makers or cheap shops - 11th Dec 2011 12:17pm
I am trying to find a wedding dress, good quality but cheap, which seems unlikely.

Does anyone know any wedding dress makers or cheap shops based in wirral?

If so could you post up a pic of the dress if you have one?

Thanks guys,

Jen
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: Wedding dress makers or cheap shops - 11th Dec 2011 12:37pm
Hi Jen,can't you hire one for the day? Thats what we did when we were young and poor before we became old and poor!
Posted By: Jenny_S Re: Wedding dress makers or cheap shops - 11th Dec 2011 12:54pm
Thanks ludwigvan - I had thought of this, but I think I would like to keep it. I don't mind a second hand one, because I will adapt it slightly to make it mine.
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: Wedding dress makers or cheap shops - 11th Dec 2011 1:13pm
Originally Posted by Jenny_S
Thanks ludwigvan - I had thought of this, but I think I would like to keep it. I don't mind a second hand one, because I will adapt it slightly to make it mine.
Good luck to you Jen, let's hope its the only one you ever need.
Posted By: chriskay Re: Wedding dress makers or cheap shops - 11th Dec 2011 1:21pm
What about the lady in Liverpool who makes them for the gypsies? Probably get a basic one for about £5000.
Posted By: cmw2a Re: Wedding dress makers or cheap shops - 11th Dec 2011 1:22pm
Try looking in the shop in Heswall, it's over the Oxfam shop and has loads of fantastic, brand new, wedding dresses. They're just fresh from the shop when they change the range. They have 'bride's mother' outifts, grooms suits etc. Bridesmaids dresses - absolutely everything for a budget wedding. You have to go in the Oxfam shop and ask them to open the upstairs shop for you. It's worth looking, you could save a fortune.
Posted By: Jenny_S Re: Wedding dress makers or cheap shops - 11th Dec 2011 1:35pm
haha thanks ludwigvan smile

Chriskay - you trying to give me heart attack £5000 - I said cheap lol

cmw2a - that sounds promising - do you know what road that is on?

xx
Posted By: Maisie Re: Wedding dress makers or cheap shops - 11th Dec 2011 1:47pm
Originally Posted by cmw2a
Try looking in the shop in Heswall, it's over the Oxfam shop and has loads of fantastic, brand new, wedding dresses. They're just fresh from the shop when they change the range. They have 'bride's mother' outifts, grooms suits etc. Bridesmaids dresses - absolutely everything for a budget wedding. You have to go in the Oxfam shop and ask them to open the upstairs shop for you. It's worth looking, you could save a fortune.

That's were I got mine from, brand new cost me less than £150. It's on the main road, virtually opposite Tescos. I was thinking of selling mine if you're interested. Inbox me the size you need and I'll let you know if it will fit you!!
Posted By: Wench Re: Wedding dress makers or cheap shops - 11th Dec 2011 2:05pm
Have you thought about Ebay? I found my dress on there, moreso the designer truth be known. She took on board everything I wanted and made it for me. It was a one off laugh It cost under £150 to have it designed, made and altered the week before the wedding.
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: Wedding dress makers or cheap shops - 11th Dec 2011 3:47pm
Originally Posted by chriskay
What about the lady in Liverpool who makes them for the gypsies? Probably get a basic one for about £5000.
Don`t make me laugh £20.000 for the cheapest and Thelma doesn`t do basic lol i know laugh
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: Wedding dress makers or cheap shops - 11th Dec 2011 3:48pm
Jen they have got a big sale on in TIFFANY`S LISCARD try them
Posted By: chriskay Re: Wedding dress makers or cheap shops - 11th Dec 2011 3:55pm
Originally Posted by gypsyjune
Don`t make me laugh £20.000 for the cheapest and Thelma doesn`t do basic lol i know laugh

Wow, that's scary; think of what you could do with that sort of money.
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: Wedding dress makers or cheap shops - 11th Dec 2011 4:07pm
Hi Chriskay it is scary money but the gypsies do have it and weddings are so important to them to be honest i think that Thelma takes the piss out of them ,You just coudn`t justify that sort of money for a wedding dress smile but there you go if they are stupid enough to pay it there will always be some one clever enough to take it
Posted By: cathie Re: Wedding dress makers or cheap shops - 11th Dec 2011 4:16pm
My friend got her's from Christine, her company name is Harmony Brides. Phone number's 342 8148 only cost her about £400 for the dress, veil & was lent an underskirt
Posted By: chriskay Re: Wedding dress makers or cheap shops - 11th Dec 2011 5:41pm
What I want to know, gypsyjune, is where they keep it after the wedding. They are so big, they'd need their own vardo!
Posted By: sue_w Re: Wedding dress makers or cheap shops - 11th Dec 2011 6:05pm
My daughter also got hers from Cheryl, Harmony brides in Heswall. Total price for dress, bolero and bridal shoes - £175! She deals in bankruptcy stock, so you can get dresses for a fraction of the price, and as she also sells from her home, she's no shop overheads to pass on! Well worth going to see her.

Good luck

Posted By: Jacinthe Re: Wedding dress makers or cheap shops - 11th Dec 2011 8:18pm
what size u wanting? my sisters got a gorgeous dress with big train and veil its absolutly gorgeous got loads pics if u want me to email u some? its size 8-10 i its gorgeous shes not asking a fortune for it either.
Posted By: Jacinthe Re: Wedding dress makers or cheap shops - 11th Dec 2011 8:56pm
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: Wedding dress makers or cheap shops - 11th Dec 2011 9:11pm
What I want to know, gypsyjune, is where they keep it after the wedding. They are so big, they'd need their own vardo!
Hi Chriskay :)they keep the dress but the peticoat is what makes it big and they only hire them £200.00 per day does that help ?lol smile
Posted By: shar215 Re: Wedding dress makers or cheap shops - 11th Dec 2011 9:19pm
just been on oxton road ..there is a wedding dress shop that will make you a designer replica . probably for the fraction of the cost .. it on the corner of the entry to the car park .
Posted By: chriskay Re: Wedding dress makers or cheap shops - 11th Dec 2011 9:36pm
Originally Posted by gypsyjune
Hi Chriskay :)they keep the dress but the peticoat is what makes it big and they only hire them £200.00 per day does that help ?lol smile

Yes, that helps, June.
Ridiculous rip off prices.

Posted By: chriskay Re: Wedding dress makers or cheap shops - 11th Dec 2011 9:37pm
Oh, all cash transactions I assume.
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: Wedding dress makers or cheap shops - 11th Dec 2011 10:03pm
probably chriskay laugh
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Wedding dress makers or cheap shops - 11th Dec 2011 10:43pm
Originally Posted by cmw2a

Didn't know this was still going CLICKY
Posted By: paxvobiscum Re: Wedding dress makers or cheap shops - 13th Dec 2011 10:08am
You might think that some bridal shops are out of your reach but even these have bargain rails.

My daughter got her wedding dress at 'Tina Louise' in Heswall. It was not expensive and it included £350 off studio photos and £100 off veil or acessories. The net result was that it cost her £450.
There were quite a few lower priced dresses and it's a friendly shop and Tina and daughter Natalia know which style suits and will even have veils made shorter to get correct length.

The other shop we liked was 'Cherish the Bride'in West Kirby with a good range and very good personal attention.

Posted By: Teardrop Re: Wedding dress makers or cheap shops - 13th Dec 2011 10:51am
try here smile

Wedding dresses only £99-£149!! ps save us some cake smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral