Forums
Posted By: Wheels land ownership - 18th May 2008 10:18am
i want to find out who owns the land behind the croft retail park. There is an unused part just to the side of the sun valley factory. How would i go about finding out?

My reason is i want to get full permission to ride my pit bike on it so that the police dont come down and take my bike off of me.

If i do find out who owns it what would be the best way in approaching the owner and ask them?

Its a shame as it is a good spot for riding with some cool hill's but people are using it as a dumping ground now for all there waste frown
Posted By: rentaclown100 Re: land ownership - 18th May 2008 10:37am
you need to contact the land registry in birkenhead mate
Posted By: jonno40 Re: land ownership - 18th May 2008 10:52am
once you find out who owns the land try and get your local councillor on side
Posted By: Sludge Re: land ownership - 18th May 2008 11:17am
have you tried going down to vauxhauls thats a popular biking playground , you start asking permission you will get the big f-ck off mate , insurance, libel all that boll-cks, i would be very surprised if it mate, good luck anyway,
Posted By: Wheels Re: land ownership - 18th May 2008 12:00pm
yeah i know about that spot mate but i would like it to be legal. The bromborough place is well suited for pit bikes rather than the vauxhall place that is better for bigger bike's.

If the owner hired a jcb for a day and made cleared some of the junk he would make a mint. I wouldnt mind paying 15 a day to use it. smile
Posted By: MattLFC Re: land ownership - 18th May 2008 12:18pm
Afaik, trespassing is only a civil offence and not a criminal one, you can't get "prosecuted" for it, although you can be taken to court if you break things of value.

The moment you break and enter though, it becomes a criminal offence.
Posted By: Wheels Re: land ownership - 18th May 2008 12:27pm
the place is wide open to bikes and even cars. It is really easy to drive onto. So that is not the case. smile
Posted By: MattLFC Re: land ownership - 18th May 2008 12:31pm
You should be okay then with regards that; im not sure on the legalities of the biking situation however.

You should deffo give it a try to get permission, even if you have to sign some sort of legal disclaimer regarding you're safety.

The only problem I forsee, is you are going about this the correct way, however if the place is wide open, there will be little way to distinguish between yourself, a legal user, and anyone else, so you may well find the cops could still be called.
Posted By: Civic_Coupe_Sean Re: land ownership - 18th May 2008 12:31pm
My mate went down vauxhall on his bike today.
Posted By: Wheels Re: land ownership - 18th May 2008 12:36pm
i dont mine signing a form. I'd keep a copy with me in my car to show to anyone that questions me being there.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: land ownership - 18th May 2008 12:41pm
Originally Posted by Wheels
i dont mine signing a form. I'd keep a copy with me in my car to show to anyone that questions me being there.

What I mean though, is the police wont be too happy getting called only to find you are legally using it. Could cause problems.

smile
Posted By: Wheels Re: land ownership - 18th May 2008 12:52pm
surley the police would only be called if i was doing something illegal like riding on the roads etc or if i was being a neusence to local's. But i doubt that would be the case as it is out the way of the public houses.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: land ownership - 18th May 2008 12:54pm
why are ye worried then?

smile
Posted By: rentaclown100 Re: land ownership - 18th May 2008 1:05pm
i used to ride on green lane field now the rock retail
Posted By: Wheels Re: land ownership - 18th May 2008 1:06pm
cos i was just reading on a pitbike forum that a lad had his bike took off him by police while he was on private land. They said no mot. No tax. To insurance... Your bike is being crushed.... He had no permission to be on the land at the time.

Tbh i think there could of been more to it than that but he aint letting on. Maybe audiotastic could comment on that? Hmmm.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: land ownership - 18th May 2008 1:09pm
Afaik, insurance doesnt always cover you on private land anyway (ive heard stories for instance of people having knocks in a supermarket carpark and the insurance not covering them because they are on private land).

You don't need tax to use a vehicle on private land, the same as you dont need tax to keep it on you're drive.

Im not 100% on the MOT, but if its at you're own risk on private land, then what can they say, the MOT is for public road use, how many of these stock cars have an MOT lol.

Id be more inclined to believe he was on council property or there was some other variable at play in the polices decision to crush it.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral