Forums
Posted By: Greenwood People flouting restrictions - what to do? - 26th Apr 2020 9:55pm
I have a friend elsewhere (I'm not talking about myself, my neighbours are brilliant!) who is self-isolating for health reasons and she's getting really brassed-off because her young neighbours (with whom she is not on very good terms) are having noisy late gatherings and keeping her awake - also taxis coming and going late at night etc. They are obviously paying no attention at all to social distancing/gathering guidelines. I know the strain of the lockdown is beginning to tell, I'm certainly fed up with it, but people behaving like that are a danger to themselves and others if they pick up the virus. Does anyone know if there's anything that can be done to report them and send someone round to give them a talking to? Not that they'd listen, I suppose, if they're daft enough to do it in the first place. I don't imagine the police would have time anyway. *sigh* I just feel sorry for her; it's really starting to get her down. Any (legal!) ideas?
Posted By: MisterSmiff Re: People flouting restrictions - what to do? - 26th Apr 2020 11:21pm
This may be useful:

https://www.merseyside.police.uk/tu...ut-possible-breach-coronavirus-measures/
Posted By: casper Re: People flouting restrictions - what to do? - 27th Apr 2020 8:15am
I wouldn't hold much hope, a property reported up to 30 times with gangs of people gathering inside and outside was visited by police and has now been locked down, 30 visits and still carried on, meanwhile in Spain three quarters of a million people have been fined or dealt with, I wonder how many here? the government won't push it in case it causes social unrest and the police wouldn't have sufficient manpower to deal with it.
Report it https://www.merseyside.police.uk/tu...ut-possible-breach-coronavirus-measures/
Posted By: Greenwood Re: People flouting restrictions - what to do? - 27th Apr 2020 10:41am
Thanks very much folks, I'll forward the link and then it's up to her.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral