Forums
Posted By: rumandblack tv channels breaking up - 24th Oct 2018 5:17pm
itv channels & ch5 on my tv keep breaking up .bbc channels are fine this is through the tv I don't have a box atall.the message comes up no signal ,only just started to have this problem im on the beechwood .
Posted By: saltytom Re: tv channels breaking up - 25th Oct 2018 6:26am
Got the same problem in Wallasey Village and on channel 4.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: tv channels breaking up - 26th Oct 2018 6:55pm
take your pick brexit, fracking, the conservatives,
Posted By: granny Re: tv channels breaking up - 26th Oct 2018 6:59pm

I have the same with ITV, CH4 and most others, apart from the BBC, when it RAINS !
Posted By: Mark Re: tv channels breaking up - 28th Oct 2018 11:42am
First determine if the areal is pointing towards Wales or Liverpool.

I noticed this a lot last year and in the end had to re scan the channels at least once a week for about 3 months.

If you can work out if your pointing to Liverpool or Wales that may help you work out if any works are taking place.
Posted By: romko Re: tv channels breaking up - 4th Nov 2018 7:53pm
Start with the simple things. The thing to do is narrow it down.

-Check the cable and coax plug that goes into the TV. If it passes thru any other devices, try plugging it directly to the TV to see what happens.
-Try also another set on the same aerial feed. Sometimes the Tv's tuner can be to blame for these problems.
-Do you have any other sets around the house on the aerial? Are they also afected? Mast head amp?

If all else fails, you'll have to get an aerial rigger who will check the signal with a field strength meter and hopefully check to see that aerial is intact, the downlead has not lost its shielding or got water in it, etc. I'd ask here for recommendations.
HTH!
Posted By: assassin Re: tv channels breaking up - 4th Nov 2018 9:11pm
link this shows itv has been down most of the day for all
© Wirral-Wikiwirral