Forums
Posted By: conan laptop screen replacement - 21st Jan 2016 7:41pm
Hi all

Ive a Toshiba Qosmio with a cracked screen.

I have a new screen, can anyone advise on cost/place that will fit it please.

Thank you.

Conan
Posted By: fish5133 Re: laptop screen replacement - 22nd Jan 2016 12:35am
Not sure where you are but was in AJ Computers in Pensby today getting ink and they do laptop screens.
Posted By: conan Re: laptop screen replacement - 22nd Jan 2016 9:58am
Thanks Fish.

I'm tempted to try and do it myself.
Just thought id ask here first..
Posted By: Gibbo Re: laptop screen replacement - 22nd Jan 2016 11:05am
Have a look on Youtube at the "teardown" instructions. Some are quite straightforward.
Posted By: j_demo Re: laptop screen replacement - 22nd Jan 2016 9:08pm
i've done it myself a few times for my laptop/s and it worked fine and i did it once for my girlfriends which ended up not working (dodgy screen i think it was rather than my fault) and it's not that difficult at all to do yourself. 99 times out of 100 you don't need to unscrew anything under the laptop, you just need to take the bezel off the screen, undo a couple of bracket screws, unplug the old one, plug in the new one, turn the comp on to test it, if it works great, screw everything back in and Robert is your mothers brother, if it doesn't work play with it a bit and hope for the best, still doesn't work get back to us.
Posted By: conan Re: laptop screen replacement - 23rd Jan 2016 9:32pm
Thank you for the replies,i think I'll bite the bullet an have a go happy happy happy
Posted By: Mark Re: laptop screen replacement - 23rd Jan 2016 10:11pm
Take pictures on your phone as you undo things at key points.

Look up on you tube for general guidelines. Its not too difficult just be careful and not heavy handed.

Posted By: JulesSmuff Re: laptop screen replacement - 30th Jan 2016 9:15pm
do it yourself. it's pretty much take things apart, pull the connector's out and attach new screen in reverse. do look on youtube as been written earlier and do your research on your particular model
© Wirral-Wikiwirral