Forums
Posted By: Nigel Speed trap by Lairds Birkenhead. - 18th Nov 2014 8:46pm
The safety (speed) camera opposite camel laird Birkenhead appears to have been moved, has this been relocated? Anyone any info? They have moved the one up at Eastham so another post on here mentioned last week.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Speed trap by Lairds Birkenhead. - 18th Nov 2014 9:07pm
saw the guys (one in a purple turban!) playing with the camera on woodchurch road just before the railway bridge.
Posted By: Kev30x Re: Speed trap by Lairds Birkenhead. - 19th Nov 2014 2:45am
Originally Posted by fish5133
saw the guys (one in a purple turban!) playing with the camera on woodchurch road just before the railway bridge.

I Went past that speed cam tonight and its a new updated yellow box, looks a lot bigger than the old yellow box thats been there years.
Posted By: Nigel Re: Speed trap by Lairds Birkenhead. - 19th Nov 2014 7:59am
Guys, Its outside HSS hire - a brand new cam pointing towards Birkenhead. Just passed it now.
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: Speed trap by Lairds Birkenhead. - 19th Nov 2014 8:10am
They also come with new guide lines and seem to be friendlier towards the motorist,

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-87458/Easier-spot-speed-cameras-launched.html
Posted By: Norton Re: Speed trap by Lairds Birkenhead. - 19th Nov 2014 8:26am
The guidelines are not that new - but by that I don't mean the article is wrong, just a bit old.

It's just that "Transport Minister John Spellar" as refered to in the article was in that office from June 2001 to June 2003.

As they say, a day is a long time in politics. I guess it's just taken 11 years to find the money to change the speed camera.
Posted By: the_pope Re: Speed trap by Lairds Birkenhead. - 22nd Nov 2014 8:42pm
Originally Posted by Nigel
Guys, Its outside HSS hire - a brand new cam pointing towards Birkenhead. Just passed it now.

i had noticed that it had been moved, i cant see why they have put up a new one by the hire shop, you cant turn it round to catch cars going the other way doh
Posted By: Frogeye Re: Speed trap by Lairds Birkenhead. - 3rd Dec 2014 1:54am
I wonder if the thing is legal since the large HSS sign is right behind the camera, and the same colour. Makes the camera hard to spot from some views as you approach it.
Posted By: davyboy01 Re: Speed trap by Lairds Birkenhead. - 3rd Dec 2014 7:46am
If you dont want to get caught then don't speed
© Wirral-Wikiwirral