Forums
Posted By: RUDEBOX D.I.Y Blood Pressure Measurements - 24th Oct 2014 8:20pm
Does anybody know of anywhere in central Birkenhead where people can go and have their B.P measured?? Either a D.I.Y 'machine' or a pharmacy or something??

Thank you.
Posted By: mrhanky Re: D.I.Y Blood Pressure Measurements - 24th Oct 2014 8:33pm
boots?
Posted By: nuddy Re: D.I.Y Blood Pressure Measurements - 24th Oct 2014 8:35pm
The doctors in Whetstone Lane has a self-service type one in the reception.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: D.I.Y Blood Pressure Measurements - 24th Oct 2014 8:47pm
Thanks, Mr Hanky thumbsup

and thank you Nuddy- even better. I am vaguely familiar of the lay-out of the Whetstone Lane Surgery....the receptionists straight ahead with the mini-pharmacy to the left. Could you be more specific please, so I can walk in and look like a patient from the practise?? grin

Posted By: ZipperClub Re: D.I.Y Blood Pressure Measurements - 24th Oct 2014 8:50pm
http://www.lloydspharmacy.com/webap...Id=11101&langId=44&storeId=10151
put in postcode or Birkenhead, tick circle for blood pressure and click store locator
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: D.I.Y Blood Pressure Measurements - 24th Oct 2014 8:58pm
thanks Zipper, too smile Whetstone Lane seems 'the one' though.

We do have one of the DIY machines in our Surgery in Liscard but I'm over Birkenhead way several times a week so it makes sense to check my B.P there.

Posted By: ZipperClub Re: D.I.Y Blood Pressure Measurements - 24th Oct 2014 9:02pm
You can get one of those wrist ones for less than £10 off Ebay.
Some don't work if your pressure is over 200.
Posted By: snowhite Re: D.I.Y Blood Pressure Measurements - 24th Oct 2014 9:03pm
Originally Posted by mrhanky
boots?
Yes and other chemists.or the best answer Google it? sleep
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: D.I.Y Blood Pressure Measurements - 24th Oct 2014 9:05pm
Originally Posted by snowhite
Originally Posted by mrhanky
boots?
Yes and other chemists.or the best answer Google it? sleep
not necessarily. Nothing to contribute- butt out.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: D.I.Y Blood Pressure Measurements - 24th Oct 2014 9:06pm
Originally Posted by ZipperClub
You can get one of those wrist ones for less than £10 off Ebay.
Some don't work if your pressure is over 200.
Jaysus! I assume you are talking the 'top' number?
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: D.I.Y Blood Pressure Measurements - 24th Oct 2014 9:16pm
For those that don't know what roughly your pressure should be check out this site. Mine on a good day ;-) could be as high as 250 over 136. Its a lot less these days.
http://www.webmd.boots.com/hypertension-high-blood-pressure/guide/diastolic-systolic
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: D.I.Y Blood Pressure Measurements - 24th Oct 2014 9:19pm
oh, yes 200, top number if it was the bottom you`d be like a geyser lol
Posted By: snowhite Re: D.I.Y Blood Pressure Measurements - 24th Oct 2014 9:20pm
For those that don't know what roughly your pressure should be check out this site. Mine on a good day ;-) could be as high as 250 over 136. Its a lot less these days.
http://www.webmd.boots.com/hypertension-high-blood-pressure/guide/diastolic-systolic
Thanks for sharing Zipper.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: D.I.Y Blood Pressure Measurements - 24th Oct 2014 9:25pm
Mine has dropped too. Had medication removed- G.P wants 'readings' over the next couple of weeks before a review appointment.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: D.I.Y Blood Pressure Measurements - 24th Oct 2014 9:26pm
oh, yes 200, top number if it was the bottom you`d be like a geyser lol
lol- true
Posted By: snowhite Re: D.I.Y Blood Pressure Measurements - 24th Oct 2014 10:37pm
Originally Posted by snowhite
Thanks for sharing Zipper.
Just took your advice .mine is fine thanks zipper.I can now keep sugar level down laugh.am glad as if it was booze related count me out.my count is good thanks to you. laugh
Posted By: fish5133 Re: D.I.Y Blood Pressure Measurements - 24th Oct 2014 10:52pm
My mate got one off ebay and when he tried it he thought it was broke as it wouldn't register his BP. Turned out his BP was off the scale and he ended up 3 weeks in Arrowe Park
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: D.I.Y Blood Pressure Measurements - 24th Oct 2014 11:11pm
As I said, some only go up to 200, I had heart op and still was off the scale, I had a wrist one and a doctors type one, sold them both as they were no good to me then. After a few years you get a good idea of your blood pressure without using a machine. I never had a headache ever, then I got pressure around my head like having a hat on, but a tad more pressure to the front. Went to the docs, sent to Arrowe Park Hospital, Broad Green the next day, triple heart bypass. I didn't even have time to think about it, week later back home. Then...2 years of doom and gloom nothing went right, no medication, wrong medication, I have been to Arrowe Park so many times. I wont even go there anymore, I`m booked back in to Broad Green Hospital for the good old electric shock treatment. Stop your heart and zap it back into normal pattern. Only takes minutes and you don't feel a thing, though it does leave a burn to the skin. They supply cream which someone said costs a fortune, like £20 or something, it does help but I could live without it so I`ll be a hero and tell them to save it for the next patient. Life and times of a heart patient lol.
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: D.I.Y Blood Pressure Measurements - 24th Oct 2014 11:19pm
What a burn could look like, they don't use paddles like on Casualty, they use sticky pads. Mine was not as bad as this burn.

Attached picture burn.jpg
Posted By: missmahjong Re: D.I.Y Blood Pressure Measurements - 25th Oct 2014 8:42am
Rudebox ,i use BP machine in Whetstone Lane Medical centre , you go in front door..reception .turn to your right and it is about a 3rd of the way down the corrider< easy to use and you get a print out> can,t see a problem you using it ..Hope this helps ,my daugther's and my -self all have BP issues and take meds,,,
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: D.I.Y Blood Pressure Measurements - 25th Oct 2014 11:24am
OK, thanks Missy.
Posted By: venice Re: D.I.Y Blood Pressure Measurements - 25th Oct 2014 12:23pm
eeew,looks like the patch of skin left when my OH takes off his painkiller patch, although his skin is beginning to get used to it now. Well well Zippy , youre obviously all heart lol!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral