Forums
Posted By: Reno37 Market Street Birkenhead Pubs HELP PLEASE - 10th Oct 2013 5:14pm
Help Please : In Market Street Birkenhead there was I am sure four pubs at the back of the Old Birkenhead Market.
The Ranelagh Hotel Market Street & Chester Street now demolished,
The Glass Barrel Market Street & Albion Street now I beleive a business centre
But there are two remaining I am sure still selling ale, I remember these as a lad as mum & dad used to drink in them maybe not now retaining their original names,these are
The Globe could this now be Hornblowers ?
And the Market Inn next door to Hornblowers between it and the Old Glass Barrel, Have these changed names ?

Thanks

Reno.
Posted By: Norton Re: Market Street Birkenhead Pubs HELP PLEASE - 10th Oct 2013 6:42pm
Hornblowers is 'The Market Inn' and 'The Globe' now made into one pub, and was called Barristers for a while.

More info in the Pub index -
227 Hornblowers

224 The Glass Barrel
Posted By: Reno37 Re: Market Street Birkenhead Pubs HELP PLEASE - 10th Oct 2013 7:59pm
Norton
Thank you so much for the information, and for clearing up my query,its much appreciated. I do remember the Barristers Pub. I also remember The Globe and the Market Inn on my many visits with my dear mum to the Birkenhead Market so she could buy fresh crab for dad's tea.

Best Wishes

Reno
Posted By: bigpete Re: Market Street Birkenhead Pubs HELP PLEASE - 14th Oct 2013 11:48am
Fresh crab - I like it !

Used to go down there late on Friday Evening @ 8PM with my Nan - when the butchers would sell off what was left cheap!
Grandad had money - he just didn't give it to her.....
© Wirral-Wikiwirral