Forums
Posted By: derekdwc PP1 phone calls - 20th Mar 2013 10:45am
I seem to be getting these calls regularly and I just put the phone down.
Does pressing a number to opt out work to stop these calls.
I'm scared that pressing the number may give permission to allow them to do something criminal.
Posted By: Wiggi77 Re: PP1 phone calls - 20th Mar 2013 10:51am
Keep them talking for ages pretending you're interested then feed them load of shit, then when they ask if you've had any loans credit cards etc just say no, they tend not to ring me anymore now.
They waste your time you waste theirs
Posted By: bert1 Re: PP1 phone calls - 20th Mar 2013 10:57am
http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/2012/10/tackling-nuisance-calls-and-messages/
Posted By: Wally1 Re: PP1 phone calls - 22nd Mar 2013 11:27am
Just hang up. There is a view that if you press any buttons then they know it's a phone with somebody there so they will keep phoning. Some of them are just a computer dialling random numbers and only bring in a human when you actually answer or press a button.

I get several each week and have been for a few years - pests!
Posted By: tankrat22 Re: PP1 phone calls - 22nd Mar 2013 11:42am
I usually answer these calls,and normally you're asked to press button 5,then you're connected to an Advisor.who then gets the biggest tirade of absolute vile abuse, that usually works.
Posted By: eggandchips Re: PP1 phone calls - 22nd Mar 2013 1:12pm

http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/number_type.html
Posted By: katiechops Re: PP1 phone calls - 22nd Mar 2013 3:39pm
as long as you have time, when they ring, just answer 'yes' to every question, saves swearing at them, and they get fed up before I do!!!
Posted By: starakita Re: PP1 phone calls - 22nd Mar 2013 4:01pm
I get them on my mobile some automated woman I just hang up,but I do get them on the house phone,they always seem pissed when I tell them Ive never taken ppi out
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: PP1 phone calls - 22nd Mar 2013 4:30pm
I Bought a gadget to plug into the wall, Truecall. It`s about £100 but it`s great blocks all the cold callers and anyone you want to add to a banned list. You can also create a "friends" list.
Posted By: TheDr Re: PP1 phone calls - 22nd Mar 2013 5:53pm
My number isn't listed anywhere, and I never give it out in web forms. What I used to do is have a "premium" rate number that I gave out as a contact number, if they want to chat to me at £1.50 per minute, go for it.

We do get them in work all the time, we can always tell as we have two lines with the same number, and if the secondary one goes without the first being used its a PPI call.

At first we tried opting out, then speaking to them and asking politely to be removed, then telling them that were on the TPS list and asking for "their" details (they just hung up), did the wasting time bit, but this was awkward if we were busy. Final option, chose to speak to them then answered in a foreign language (Russian, Japanese, anything that the chances of them knowing were minimal).....haven't had one in weeks.
Posted By: j_demo Re: PP1 phone calls - 22nd Mar 2013 7:22pm
i spoke to them in polish once (went to poland a few years back and instead of being typically british and pointing and shouting, i bothered to learn the language, you know, to be polite) but the barstard at the other end also knew some polish somehow and asked me the same question in polish, i had to make an excuse that i was off to a restaurant or something, that was awkward, i now just answer the phone and leave it off the hook
Posted By: themoleofwirral Re: PP1 phone calls - 22nd Mar 2013 8:57pm
do what my step dad does. answers the phone. talks to them for a bit , then asks for there number so you can hassle them and do what they do, waste there time as they do to you so you can have a little bit of banter. they soon become agitated and you wont get a call for weeks. if they pester you call them u back tell them to go and f^&% them/,.;/.'/. sorry excuse the language. hopefully this works. if not dont answer the all usually between 4 and 6.

© Wirral-Wikiwirral