Forums
Posted By: granny Web Cam? - 12th Sep 2012 8:58pm
Please can anyone give me some guidance. Not being technically minded, such stuff is confusing. So you must assume I know absolutely nothing about such things....as that is correct.

Sons bithday next week and he mentioned at one point, he would like a camera that can be installed in his twins bedroom so that he can watch them downstairs on computer before they go to sleep and when they wake up.(when they are doing naughty things, like stripping the bedding off their cots!) laugh
Now I don't even know what they are called...is it a webcam or something different. Do they need to be compatible with a particular computer and which would you recommend for quality and price.I can't ask him if it's to be a surprise.
Don't know if there is anything else that is relative, but I'm sure you will ask.
Thanks for takng an interest.
Posted By: Zelda2012 Re: Web Cam? - 12th Sep 2012 9:12pm
we went to maplan and got cctv for our house.
and it says you can also use inside to monitor babies and children.we tried it with one of our cameras and it worked brilliantly.it was plugged into the usb of our pc and also recorded at the same time.very easy to install

http://www.maplin.co.uk/
Posted By: granny Re: Web Cam? - 12th Sep 2012 9:17pm
Zelda that sounds brilliant and you've explained it in simple English! Thank you, will have a look at that.
Posted By: Zelda2012 Re: Web Cam? - 12th Sep 2012 9:24pm
were u live granny as i have 2 cctv cameras outside my house and they do same job inside you couls always see foryourself if you live by me that is
Posted By: granny Re: Web Cam? - 12th Sep 2012 9:43pm
Live Thingwall Zelda, but I shall contact them and see what they suggest and then I can take it from there. Some of them are really expensive, a bit more than I was expecting to pay, to be honest.

Can you see that my avatar has disappeared? Who is messing around, cause it aint me! Oh! It's back again now, even more strange.
Posted By: Zelda2012 Re: Web Cam? - 12th Sep 2012 9:45pm
am sure you can get one for £29 and not sure who is messing around with avatar but i can see yours
Posted By: granny Re: Web Cam? - 12th Sep 2012 9:52pm
Everything is going wrong on here tonight.

I was looking at the £200/£300 which is too much.

You've been really helpful Zelda, thanks.
Posted By: Mark Re: Web Cam? - 14th Sep 2012 2:24pm
Is it not an IP Camera ?
You connect it via wifi or cable to your router and hey ho you have the camera 24/7

These are from £30 - £70

http://www.ebuyer.com/260605-xenta-wireless-night-and-day-wireless-ip-network-camera-ip11wcolor

With this one you can watch it on your IPhone.
It may be tricky to set up if your not Tekky but you can watch the darlings and your home form anywhere as long as you have a wifi or data connection.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Web Cam? - 14th Sep 2012 4:01pm
Originally Posted by Mark
Is it not an IP Camera ?
You connect it via wifi or cable to your router and hey ho you have the camera 24/7

These are from £30 - £70

http://www.ebuyer.com/260605-xenta-wireless-night-and-day-wireless-ip-network-camera-ip11wcolor

It may be tricky to set up if your not Tekky but you can watch the darlings and your home form anywhere as long as you have a wifi or data connection.

I have two running off my router - and set them up as wifi so no lengthy ethernet cabling
Posted By: granny Re: Web Cam? - 22nd Sep 2012 1:02pm
Originally Posted by PaulWirral
Originally Posted by Mark
Is it not an IP Camera ?

These are from £30 - £70

I have two running off my router - and set them up as wifi so no lengthy ethernet cabling
Thanks boys. Only just seen your replies. sorry. Going to look at these and at least I will have a bit more of an idea.Thanks again.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral