Forums
Posted By: Mark Calday Grange Grammar For Boys, West Kirby - 10th Jun 2007 9:49pm
School: Calday Grange Grammar For Boys
Street: Grammar School Lane
Town: West Kirby
County: Merseyside
Postcode: CH48 8GG

--------
Was this your School ?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Calday Grange Grammar For Boys, West Kirby - 4th Jan 2009 2:48am
It was mine...

Mostly a bunch of complete Grrrrs. But there were a few decent teachers.

If they werent letting the school rugby captain off for his stash of weed, as not having him would lessen their chances of winning at the weeked, then one of the senior members of staff was being nailed over the photocopier!

I came, i conquered. Thank feck im gone...
Posted By: Mr_Ice_Man Re: Calday Grange Grammar For Boys, West Kirby - 18th Jan 2009 12:42pm
My nephew went there, think he left last year or the year before lol. Anyone know him Dan his name is but he is known as DJ.
Posted By: ghostly1 Re: Calday Grange Grammar For Boys, West Kirby - 15th Nov 2009 8:50am
Yep I escaped the Calday Asylyum too. Good school but wasn't for me, but then I was never a school person anyway!

Its got a fascinating history which I must look into and share with you all sometime.
Posted By: bert1 Re: Calday Grange Grammar For Boys, West Kirby - 15th Nov 2009 9:00am
Use to have some great battles against Caldy at rugby when our school played them, also use to go up there and play in the Caldy sevens. I can always remember them having good rugby teams.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Calday Grange Grammar For Boys, West Kirby - 15th Nov 2009 3:36pm
Are you an Old Instonian then bert?
Posted By: manc54 Re: Calday Grange Grammar For Boys, West Kirby - 9th Dec 2009 2:08am
Was my old school......god how i hated it . Was suspended 7 times for various misdemeanours and would have been expelled if it wasn't for the fact i played rugby for the school team
there must be more of us on the forum that had to suffer their way through this school? i was there through the briars years (GCSE'd in 92(i think))and was politely told that i shouldn't return for my A's. just as well really or i would have ended up chinning a few of the "teachers".
Posted By: birch_jl Re: Calday Grange Grammar For Boys, West Kirby - 15th Aug 2012 11:01pm
I went to Calday, can't really add much to what's already been said, the general vibe of the place has been summed up...
I know this is an old thread but yes, I attended Calday Grange between Sept 1961 and March 1967 - dropped out of 6th Form as I wanted to start working bearing in mind that going on to Uni was the exception unlike nowadays. . I was taught to swim in 1965 during that snowy, cold winter in the school's new indoor heated pool. \although I didn't think so at the time, those were the best days of my life.
Does anyone remember swimming in the original outdoor, unheated swimming pool? Brrrrr!
Originally Posted by WildswimmerPete
I know this is an old thread but yes, I attended Calday Grange between Sept 1961 and March 1967 - dropped out of 6th Form as I wanted to start working bearing in mind that going on to Uni was the exception unlike nowadays. . I was taught to swim in 1965 during that snowy, cold winter in the school's new indoor heated pool. \although I didn't think so at the time, those were the best days of my life.

You must remember the PE teacher Jesse James.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral