Forums
Posted By: pablo42 Wallasey Docks - 16th Apr 2012 4:01pm

Wallasey Docks, no date

Attached picture 0000000wallaseydocks.jpg
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wallasey Docks - 16th Apr 2012 4:16pm
Early 1970's ? Vent shafts on Wallasey Tunnel look bright and new. Two I.O.M. boats at L'pool Stage are still "proper" steamers - not diesel rattletraps. Rail sidings still appear to be in use. The Egremont or the Leasowe heading for Seacombe Stage. Mmmmmmmmmm ?
Posted By: bert1 Re: Wallasey Docks - 16th Apr 2012 4:30pm
Pinzlock Holmes strikes again sherlock
Posted By: Capt_America Re: Wallasey Docks - 16th Apr 2012 5:53pm
Old Seacombe Ferry Hotel still there and the Liver Buildings haven't been shot blasted, 1974?
Posted By: Norton Re: Wallasey Docks - 16th Apr 2012 5:54pm
Another fine photograph, Sir.

I noticed that the flour mills and storage units on the Dock Road seem to be intact. There were some fires which caused some demolition down there.
On the River, the Royal Iris is at Seacombe and the Daffodil II is at the Pier Head along with the IoM boats, but we have a visitor.
If I am not mistaken, it is either the SS Nevasa or SS Uganda - both educational criuise ships. The Nevasa is still afloat and preserved under a charitable trust.

It is possible that both floating cranes are in the photo, one near the Clock Tower on Tower Road, and one in Waterloo Dock. Also, there is a Belfast boat in South Princes Dock, so that would be the Leinster or Munster from the days of when they did a daily service.

From some of the buildinds being built, I'd say somewhere between 1972 to 1974.

Description: SS Nevasa
Attached picture cruise ship Nevasa.jpg
Posted By: bigpete Re: Wallasey Docks - 6th Jun 2012 3:41pm
Think the OP photo may be to show-off the then new Clan Line Warehouse on Vittoria Dock - looks mighty shiny !
Posted By: CVCVCV Re: Wallasey Docks - 6th Jun 2012 4:25pm
Are those two Harrison Line ships on the far side of Vittoria dock?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral