Forums
Posted By: Sir_longmong Liscard and Poulton Station - 27th Apr 2008 8:22pm
my old fella showed me a railway vid a while ago and it showed the likes bidston moss, just a whole load of fields! it also shows poulton (i think) station which was on the wallasey tunnel approach road, you can still see where the steps to the platform where on the embankment. Will try and upload it when i stop being a computer illiterate fool!
Posted By: BigBadStuey Re: Liscard and Poulton Station - 27th Apr 2008 9:25pm
You can't see the steps, the platform was an island one. What you can see was the coal siding, or where they unloaded the coal anyway. Here's a pic I took a few weeks ago. The fencing is where it runs along. I have others so I'll PM Mark and get him to resize him if possible.

Attached picture Copy of bbs.jpg
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Liscard and Poulton Station - 27th Apr 2008 9:54pm
Resized smile
Posted By: Sir_longmong Re: Liscard and Poulton Station - 27th Apr 2008 10:07pm
there is a slope on the embankment, i thought he said it was the steps, knowing me i probably wasnt paying attention!
Posted By: chriskay Re: Liscard and Poulton Station - 28th Apr 2008 9:26am
There's pictures of the old station here
http://www.disused-stations.org.uk/

Attached picture liscard_poulton_1.jpg
Attached picture liscard_poulton_2.jpg
Attached picture liscard_poulton_3.jpg
Attached picture liscard_poulton_4.jpg
Attached picture liscard_poulton_5.jpg
Attached picture liscard_poulton_6.jpg
Attached picture liscard_poulton_7.jpg
Posted By: pablo42 Re: Liscard and Poulton Station - 1st Jan 2011 12:47pm

Poulton Station. The road going over the railway would be Mill Lane. This is now the Wallasey Tunnel aproach

Attached picture poltoinsttt.jpg
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Liscard and Poulton Station - 1st Jan 2011 12:59pm
The house up on the left I think still looks exactly the same.
Posted By: Martin1943 Re: Liscard and Poulton Station - 29th Jan 2011 9:39am
When I was small I lived in Brynmoss Avenue, this was just after the war when my Dad was Adjutant at West Kirby RAF. Me and my friends used to go across the Moss to the railway line at the triangle where the New Brighton line intersected the Seacombe steam line. It was great fun putting pennies on the track to have them pounded flat by the trains. It was known locally as "The Seacombe Flyer" which it wasn't.
The ride to Helsby in the compartment coaches could be a great experience as one knew that one wouldn't be disturbed between stations!
The Triangle was a pond formed between the railway embankments and was great for tadpoles.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral