Forums
Posted By: Anonymous On Albion Street... (New Brighton) - 3rd Jul 2009 5:52pm
..can anyone recall the building that stood until today on the corner of Albion Street and Dudley Road? (opposite the demolished Hotel Vic). I can't for the life of me recall the building!

I think it might of been Bay View Nursing Home as its been earmarked for demolition since planning went ahead in 2008.
Posted By: topofthepops Re: On Albion Street... (New Brighton) - 3rd Jul 2009 6:14pm
Bay view Nursing Home - in Google maps it is named Bayview Nursing Home. But this isn't showing as being on the corner of Dudley Road?

You probably have done it but just incase here it is in Google

Bayview Nursing Home

Bayview Nursing Home‎
69 Albion St, Wallasey, CH45 9JG

Attached picture bayview map.jpg
Posted By: john1788 Re: On Albion Street... (New Brighton) - 3rd Jul 2009 6:15pm
yep mate the old nursing home bay view
Posted By: Anonymous Re: On Albion Street... (New Brighton) - 3rd Jul 2009 8:57pm
Originally Posted by topofthepops
Bay view Nursing Home - in Google maps it is named Bayview Nursing Home. But this isn't showing as being on the corner of Dudley Road?

You probably have done it but just incase here it is in Google

Bayview Nursing Home

Bayview Nursing Home‎
69 Albion St, Wallasey, CH45 9JG

I tried all that with Google. I wouldn't mind...on my way to the Station I walked past it all the time! AND..I have a Wallasey site so I should bleedin know!

*hangs head in shame*
Posted By: topofthepops Re: On Albion Street... (New Brighton) - 4th Jul 2009 12:15am
Tell me off if you have done this already! sorry

From Bing Maps - used to be called Live Earth?
1 Dudley Road New Brighton Wirral CH45 9JP
Another map shows 69 Albion Street, right next to it (Bay View Nursing Home).

Attached picture 1 Dudley Rd bb.jpg
Posted By: Anonymous Re: On Albion Street... (New Brighton) - 4th Jul 2009 1:25am
No, I hadn't done that...that really does help. Cheers Toppy. Now that I've seen it I can recall the building.

Thanks again.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: On Albion Street... (New Brighton) - 4th Jul 2009 1:01pm
Hot off the press...pics I just took

Attached picture Bayview.jpg
Attached picture Bayview2.jpg
Posted By: Anonymous Re: On Albion Street... (New Brighton) - 5th Jul 2009 11:07am
The Planning Permission

http://www.wirral.gov.uk/minute/Public/PLG20085392RPT_27857.pdf
Posted By: topofthepops Re: On Albion Street... (New Brighton) - 5th Jul 2009 11:39am
Here is one for the map to go with 1 Dudley Rd, which has the numbers of other houses on it, which has 69 Albion St next to it.

http://www.wirral.gov.uk/minute/Public/plg20015727map_1801.pdf

Posted By: rentaclown100 Re: On Albion Street... (New Brighton) - 12th Aug 2009 12:40pm
i remember leaving the vic to find some old guy sitting at the window of that place, so i did a funny dance and he was made up. also, wheelchair bob lived there. he didnt want to so i told him to stand up for himself and not let them push him around like that
Posted By: Anonymous Re: On Albion Street... (New Brighton) - 12th Aug 2009 2:01pm
Originally Posted by rentaclown100
i remember leaving the vic to find some old guy sitting at the window of that place, so i did a funny dance and he was made up.

Was you under the influence of drink or just a nutter?? raftl
© Wirral-Wikiwirral