Forums
Posted By: cools The State - 16th Aug 2017 6:58pm
What do people think about this 4 part drama to be shown on Sunday channel 4 about British men and women going to Syria to become Jihads!!! Personally I don't think it should have been allowed as giving IS publicity and attention which I think they crave...I don't really want to know how it works!!
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: The State - 16th Aug 2017 7:13pm
Its best to know, keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

Unfortunately the program is probably going to be a mixture of truth and propaganda and may be seen as such.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: The State - 16th Aug 2017 8:18pm
Perhaps the more that go and don't come back the better
Posted By: Excoriator Re: The State - 16th Aug 2017 10:37pm
Whose propaganda is that digging? Theirs or ours?
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: The State - 17th Aug 2017 12:32pm
Originally Posted by Excoriator
Whose propaganda is that digging? Theirs or ours?

Everybody's, the media aren't particularly fussy in this country.
Posted By: cools Re: The State - 17th Aug 2017 9:27pm
In view of today's horrific events in Barcelona I don't think this will be aired. I certainly won't be watching , I don't want to know or care how these b,s get their evil recruits. Still say it shouldn't be allowed to be on , think it's wrong!!!
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: The State - 17th Aug 2017 11:52pm
Originally Posted by cools
In view of today's horrific events in Barcelona I don't think this will be aired. I certainly won't be watching , I don't want to know or care how these b,s get their evil recruits. Still say it shouldn't be allowed to be on , think it's wrong!!!
Will you be writing to Channel 4 or OFCOM, I wonder? think
Posted By: Dilly Re: The State - 18th Aug 2017 6:15am
Posted By: casper Re: The State - 18th Aug 2017 9:39am
The sad thing is they will get some propaganda value from a programme like this, portraying those going as misled brainwashed innocents that didn't properly understand what they were getting into.
Posted By: cools Re: The State - 18th Aug 2017 12:07pm
Exactly Casper, why give them any publicity at all whether good or bad. They act like they are still in dark ages so don't give them any light at all, hate them!!! Oh Rude, pointless complaining to channel 4 ,they are known for their controversial programmes and it is only my opinion sure many more will want this garbage aired!! Thanks Dilly for your support but you know me always up for a debate,ha...
Posted By: granny Re: The State - 18th Aug 2017 12:32pm

Well said, Cools. The media are biased, they create controversial programmes out of biased views. They wittingly intend to cause reaction and who produces and directs these programmes ? I bet in most cases, they don't have a name like Brown, Smith , Jones, McTavish or Murphy.
Posted By: granny Re: The State - 18th Aug 2017 12:41pm

Ha ! Just had a look at who the director is. Peter Kosminsky, same chap who directed Wolf Hall. Well apparently he has done meticulous research on this The State.
Didn't like Wolf Hall anyway, one of the worst character representations based on his interpretations of individuals. Speaks for itself.
Posted By: Dilly Re: The State - 18th Aug 2017 12:45pm
Once again I have been edited. Not in the wiki spirit ? . Did anyone else who read my post before it was edited find it Not in the wiki spirit. I advised another user not to reply to what I seen as a deliberate taunt. This however was not removed.
Posted By: granny Re: The State - 18th Aug 2017 12:50pm
Originally Posted by Dilly
Once again I have been edited. Not in the wiki spirit ? . Did anyone else who read my post before it was edited find it Not in the wiki spirit. I advised another user not to reply to what I seen as a deliberate taunt. This however was not removed.

I saw it, and in my opinion, the antagonist knew what they were doing on a personal level towards another member and you told the challenged person not to respond. Nothing wrong with that.
Posted By: Dilly Re: The State - 18th Aug 2017 12:56pm
Thanks Granny but it always seems to me that the scales will always balance in her favour. I now have to think long and hard if I want to remain on a site that has shown a favouring towards this person for as long as I can remember.
Posted By: cools Re: The State - 18th Aug 2017 1:51pm
Oh Dilly don't leave us mate, I look forward to your posts and they give me a laugh as we all know how serious some people get about things!! I appreciated your advice but me being me will always try to explain my posts. Just try to ignore people you don't want to respond to and enjoy the rest of us, in these dark times we need someone who can make us giggle...
Posted By: Madge Re: The State - 18th Aug 2017 4:19pm
There will always be certain members on forums who will get slightly more preferetial treatment, or their bad posts ignored and allowed, this forum is no different, its why i rarely post, but do enjoy reading,
Posted By: granny Re: The State - 18th Aug 2017 4:58pm
Thanks Granny but it always seems to me that the scales will always balance in her favour. I now have to think long and hard if I want to remain on a site that has shown a favouring towards this person for as long as I can remember.

Well , if you go Dilly we might as well all follow. There's only a handful of folk making any posts these days, and it's becoming a real struggle to entice anyone to join in with something to offer. The same people put up new topics, which are obviously not pleasing most members , so is it time to call it a day ?

At the same time some posts are rubbish just like my next to last on the previous page. Mainly due to being really angry , very, very angry at programmes made about such a serious issue in a fictional arena. Not the time for such things. There's no fiction involved in these real life atrocities.

Posted By: venice Re: The State - 18th Aug 2017 5:58pm
Dilly ! N00000000000000000000000000000! You cant leave - youre one of Wiki's heart valves ! It just wouldnt beat right if you left! No-one does one liners quite like you. (And you're our animal rescue hero remember lol! )
Been off here for a bit so didnt see what's gone on , but whatever it was ,dont let it get to you.
Posted By: Dilly Re: The State - 18th Aug 2017 7:15pm
Thanks Cools, Granny and Venice. I have had a few post removed in the past and some probably rightly so. This time though I saw nothing wrong in my post, just telling another member not to raise to the bait. Had the post of the person dangling the bait been removed too then ok. I have made no decision yet wether to leave or not. What I will say though is if I do decide to go it will not be because of that person but because of the decsion by Mark to delete my post.
Posted By: casper Re: The State - 18th Aug 2017 7:27pm
Hope you decide to stay Dilly. yes
Posted By: snowshoes Re: The State - 18th Aug 2017 7:48pm
Don't leave Dilly, our loss would be
immeasurable.
Posted By: casper Re: The State - 22nd Aug 2017 7:02am
Originally Posted by casper
The sad thing is they will get some propaganda value from a programme like this, portraying those going as misled brainwashed innocents that didn't properly understand what they were getting into.

I watched last nights offering, its just as I originally thought, they are being shown as naive victims who only went to help, yet they went with the full knowledge they would be bearing arms, against who? who are the enemies of Allah? it would appear everyone who is not a Muslim, so they knew at some point they would be expected to kill or maim another human being because of a warped ideology, so lets not make excuses so the door can be opened for them to return as victims.
Posted By: granny Re: The State - 22nd Aug 2017 3:01pm
On the same topic, but from a different side, maybe. This is pretty gruelling. Posted in 2013, and still the fighting has not stopped. Only yesterday did the news say that Aleppo is fully liberated Today it says that there are clashes on the western outskirts of Aleppo with shelling in the vicinity of the city. I feel so sorry for these people.

This video won't post as per normal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbKIiR5pRvk&list=LLCmVYMuYgqMZnKkr5dmslDg&index=23
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: The State - 28th Aug 2017 3:12pm

I more or less gave up a long time ago. Sad to see it's still going on.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral