Forums
Posted By: fish5133 Police Christmas Drinking Blitz - 4th Dec 2015 9:15pm
Police out in force at tunnel exit and along borough road this evening --you have been warned
Posted By: Snodvan Re: Police Christmas Drinking Blitz - 4th Dec 2015 9:25pm
They have been on the Dock roads Wallasey and Birkenhead sides a few days this week. Was radar van on Wallasey side today late morning.

S.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Police Christmas Drinking Blitz - 4th Dec 2015 9:55pm
It works--I was going to have a small bottle of lager with my curry tea tonight but have to play taxi man for daughter later.
Posted By: missmahjong Re: Police Christmas Drinking Blitz - 5th Dec 2015 10:05am
I think this is a good thing , to many drink/drug/phone drive ..........We are regular 'taxi drivers'for our girls too .
Posted By: Snodvan Re: Police Christmas Drinking Blitz - 5th Dec 2015 10:24pm
Quite agree - drink and driving should never mix. Easy for me because I hardly ever drink anyway. And tonight I am doing "taxi duty" for daughter ---- which involves a near 1 hour drive there and back to take them. There will - sigh - eventually be a phone call and another 1 hour drive each way to pick them up. Never mind, it is for family.

Posted By: fish5133 Re: Police Christmas Drinking Blitz - 6th Dec 2015 11:15am
Hope you had a safe journey snod and storm desmond treated you kindly.just waiting for my morning call to collect daughter.naffs me off becaus there is a bus stop nearby and she has a buss pass but gone out in silly dress and stupid shoes. Less grief picking them up.
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: Police Christmas Drinking Blitz - 6th Dec 2015 8:47pm
why tell people where they are? if they have had drink/drugs or on a phone or not got tax or paper work lets get them off the road not tell them where not to drive wink
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: Police Christmas Drinking Blitz - 7th Dec 2015 7:02am
Originally Posted by eddtheduck
why tell people where they are? if they have had drink/drugs or on a phone or not got tax or paper work lets get them off the road not tell them where not to drive wink
. Exactly.
Posted By: workinclasshero Re: Police Christmas Drinking Blitz - 7th Dec 2015 7:50am
So people can avoid the place because who wants to be held up for half hour or so when there trying to earn a living or trying to get to work or home from work
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: Police Christmas Drinking Blitz - 7th Dec 2015 9:08am
I hear what you're saying Workingclasshero, but to paraphrase the philosopher Jeremy Bentham, " It is the greatest good to the greatest number of people which is the measure of right and wrong " and surely it is right to greatest number of people to try to get these potential killers off our roads.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Police Christmas Drinking Blitz - 8th Dec 2015 10:19am
They're usually there every week, catching speeders coming off the tunnel exit flyover. They breathalyze anyone doing over 40.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Police Christmas Drinking Blitz - 10th Dec 2015 4:51pm
Originally Posted by eddtheduck

Its not so much about telling them where they are but a warning not to D and D. By the time anyone reads the post the police will be targeting somewhere else. Better to deter --may save a life
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Police Christmas Drinking Blitz - 28th Dec 2015 2:02am
Some drunken sod drove into the side of our friends daughters car around midday sunday. She is now in arrowe park with a broken pelvis and broken bones in her neck and being taken to walton hospital. She was only married in september..just hope shes not going to be paralysed. Her poor mum only came out of hospital in august after spending a year there with viral encephalitis. She too is wheelchair bound. Cant believe the troubles some families go through.
Posted By: venice Re: Police Christmas Drinking Blitz - 28th Dec 2015 1:08pm
Thats dreadful. Poor family. As you say fish, some people seem to have a disproportionate amount of bad health and luck. Do hope they find she is not as damaged as they think.
Posted By: granny Re: Police Christmas Drinking Blitz - 1st Jan 2016 6:21am
Really hoping your family friends can start the New Year on a better footing. Very unfair, when one family seems to get everything thrown at them.
Good wishes to all.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral