Forums
Posted By: Snodvan Storm surge? - 10th Dec 2014 7:22am
Given what happened last year, and with the weather forecast for today I would personally be very wary of parking near Morison's in New Brighton today.

Any "early bird" reports of conditions along the prom or in NB?

Snod
Posted By: Pete_M Re: Storm surge? - 10th Dec 2014 8:45am
If your unable to get out then there's always the option of checking out the live webcams that are covering the Mersey and New Brighton front

Link
Posted By: tedmus Re: Storm surge? - 10th Dec 2014 9:11am
http://apps.environment-agency.gov....age=1&type=Region&term=Northwest
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Storm surge? - 10th Dec 2014 10:38am
Watching the webcams, it doesn't look too bad. Overhyped?
Posted By: Mark Re: Storm surge? - 10th Dec 2014 10:47am
The tide is out smack
well at the moment it is.

But its coming Gale warnings cancel Mersey ferry and Irish Sea sailings Click Me

Snod will probably be the one saying "I told you so" lol
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Storm surge? - 10th Dec 2014 10:56am
According to the EA site that tedmus linked to, the next high water at L'pool is at 1312GMT today.
Just spotted Snod at the entrance to Morrisons car park selling pairs of waders!
Posted By: chriskay Re: Storm surge? - 10th Dec 2014 11:41am
According to the New Brighton camera, the time is 13.22. Actual time is 11.42.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Storm surge? - 10th Dec 2014 11:54am
You are all welcome to sit in my living room to watch it £5 a head, tea and coffee extra smile
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Storm surge? - 10th Dec 2014 11:56am
No fire for dilly today.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Storm surge? - 10th Dec 2014 2:02pm
So, anyone's car get washed away?

Although the sea beyond the New Brighton lighthouse looked lively, there were still ships moving and the Eggy Ferry & Fort car parks look dry.
Posted By: snowshoes Re: Storm surge? - 10th Dec 2014 2:12pm
Big snow storm going on here. 25cm expected snowman
Posted By: granny Re: Storm surge? - 10th Dec 2014 2:16pm
What's your temperature Snowshoes ?

Gibbo, generally speaking ships don't top sailing in rough seas.
Posted By: snowshoes Re: Storm surge? - 10th Dec 2014 2:27pm
[quote=granny]What's your temperature Snowshoes ?

98.4 gran laffin Outside it's a balmy -3 but with a
stiff wind makes it feel a lot colder.
Posted By: granny Re: Storm surge? - 10th Dec 2014 2:30pm
you are in perfect health, young man. Stay indoors as you might get blown away or turn into a snowman . You have the shoes laugh
Posted By: snowhite Re: Storm surge? - 10th Dec 2014 2:45pm
Originally Posted by Pinzgauer
According to the EA site that tedmus linked to, the next high water at L'pool is at 1312GMT today.
Just spotted Snod at the entrance to Morrisons car park selling pairs of waders!
Whats the weather like up your way pinz?I heard its worse there than here.Its not been all that bad as yet in the wirral.But seemingly your passing the storm onto us real bad this evening laugh.Am dreading it, hate this weather.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Storm surge? - 10th Dec 2014 3:14pm
Originally Posted by snowhite
Originally Posted by Pinzgauer
Whats the weather like up your way pinz?I heard its worse there than here.Its not been all that bad as yet in the wirral.But seemingly your passing the storm onto us real bad this evening laugh.Am dreading it, hate this weather.

Pretty lively hereabouts. Far worse in the Highlands & Islands. Had the lot today. Snow, sleet, hail, rain, severe gales and loads of thunder & lightning - and for all of 3 minutes.... SUNSHINE ! Temp is a balmy 1C !! Deepjoy !
Posted By: granny Re: Storm surge? - 10th Dec 2014 3:47pm
Don't go climbing any hills Pinz.

Just been for a dog walk......very bracing but lovely and wild out there. Been much worse in the past.

Posted By: snowhite Re: Storm surge? - 10th Dec 2014 3:49pm
Originally Posted by granny
Don't go climbing any hills Pinz.

Just been for a dog walk......very bracing but lovely and wild out there. Been much worse in the past.

He probally not wearing the kilt today Granny,so no thrills for us laffin
Posted By: davew3 Re: Storm surge? - 10th Dec 2014 4:39pm
Last December was a low with a 9.8 or something metre tide and high winds, today was a high with a 9.0 metre tide with a bit of wind so it was just a storm, if today had been a low then it would have been time to head for higher ground but as I don't go to the fort to play anymore, I've stopped keeping an eye on the weather for New Brighton.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Storm surge? - 10th Dec 2014 5:34pm
Just done a school crossing patrol plus delivered 500 Wirral globes--outside for 8 hours. Hyped up --just a bit windy and some very dark clouds with a couple of passing showers. Not that cold either if wrapped up. Nothing else news worthy so hype up the weather.
Posted By: Mark Re: Storm surge? - 10th Dec 2014 6:18pm
[Linked Image]
Source from twitter click me
Posted By: Mark Re: Storm surge? - 10th Dec 2014 6:19pm
[Linked Image]

source twitter click me
© Wirral-Wikiwirral