Posted By: dawnmo234 Re: incident victoria park - 13th Feb 2012 9:24am
Which side? We on albany road side of park
Posted By: jessiikahh Re: incident victoria park - 13th Feb 2012 10:30am
Posted By: moeys Re: incident victoria park - 13th Feb 2012 11:20am
a boy has been stabbed in the park and is in hospital there was no body found
Posted By: dawnmo234 Re: incident victoria park - 13th Feb 2012 11:45am
Was this last night or this morning?
Posted By: Schuu Re: incident victoria park - 13th Feb 2012 12:17pm
I drove past at 9.15 last night, was no sign of police then, there was a gang of kids sitting off outside the doctors looked about 15-17 (ish). Just took the dog for a walk now and theres no sign of police now either, they cleaned up pretty fast.
Posted By: TheDr Re: incident victoria park - 13th Feb 2012 12:41pm
I was in there late last night, just the usual knocking around, cricket club must just have finished as the shutter was up.

Just been down again and there was nothing there, apart from a WPC and a PCSO on a public reassurance exercise.
Posted By: Schuu Re: incident victoria park - 13th Feb 2012 12:44pm
Just came across this

Wirral News
Posted By: Kev30x Re: incident victoria park - 13th Feb 2012 2:33pm

Adds Jess to my Wiki Chinese Whisper list!!
Posted By: jessiikahh Re: incident victoria park - 13th Feb 2012 2:44pm
Posted By: ex0__ Re: incident victoria park - 13th Feb 2012 2:54pm

I don't think you understood what Kevin was saying .. =p
Posted By: Zelig Re: incident victoria park - 13th Feb 2012 4:16pm
Does anyone on here know the condition of the injured man?

Incidentally my girlfriend and I were walking past Victoria Park 5 or 6 weeks ago on a Saturday night, just after 11pm. As we walked up Albany Road I saw a group of people in the middle of the park who made towards us with (I thought) the intention of 'intercepting' us. Being aware of this I speeded up and tried to avoid them without being too obvious.

They started to follow us just, while behind the wall of the park - along Bebington Road. We crossed over to walk in front of the shops to avoid them. They were saying threats and abuse probably trying to provoke me into saying or doing something to them. I didnt hear everything they said however worryingly one thing I clearly heard was "Hey mate,Im gonna rape ya bird"
We headed towards the Sportsmans pub and the gang stayed in the park when we past some people outside the takeways along Bebington Road.

My girlfriend is new to the area and fortunately she couldn't hear/understand what they were saying and I havent told her. Its a new relationship and I didn't want to put her off from visiting. Its ... like them who give this part of the Wirral a bad rep. We were both a lil shaken by the experience and will be getting taxis from now on when I am with her at night in the Birkenhead/Tranmere areas.

*Edit I have just clicked the link I had missed to the Wirral News article stating the victims condition as "stable & not life threatening"*
Posted By: starakita Re: incident victoria park - 13th Feb 2012 6:28pm
I was in the park at 2.30 this afternoon with the dog Im normally out earlier but the kids are off there was nothing to be seen.Its been quiet there was in there on Saturday night there wasnt any one around then either.
Posted By: pegsgirl Re: incident victoria park - 13th Feb 2012 7:28pm
I drove down albany rd this morning and police and incident van there. Nothing there at 5. I live opposite park and too be honest its usually very quite. Just the dog walkers and kids playing. Never usually trouble there. Hope the chap who was injured makes a speedy recovery. And the offender gets what he deserves.
Posted By: dave_h Re: incident victoria park - 13th Feb 2012 7:37pm
Originally Posted by Zelig

Incidentally my girlfriend and I were walking past Victoria Park 5 or 6 weeks ago on a Saturday night, just after 11pm. As we walked up Albany Road I saw a group of people in the middle of the park who made towards us with (I thought) the intention of 'intercepting' us. Being aware of this I speeded up and tried to avoid them without being too obvious.

They started to follow us just, while behind the wall of the park - along Bebington Road. We crossed over to walk in front of the shops to avoid them. They were saying threats and abuse probably trying to provoke me into saying or doing something to them. I didnt hear everything they said however worryingly one thing I clearly heard was "Hey mate,Im gonna rape ya bird"
We headed towards the Sportsmans pub and the gang stayed in the park when we past some people outside the takeways along Bebington Road.

My girlfriend is new to the area and fortunately she couldn't hear/understand what they were saying and I havent told her. Its a new relationship and I didn't want to put her off from visiting. Its ... like them who give this part of the Wirral a bad rep. We were both a lil shaken by the experience and will be getting taxis from now on when I am with her at night in the Birkenhead/Tranmere areas.

*Edit I have just clicked the link I had missed to the Wirral News article stating the victims condition as "stable & not life threatening"*

go back with a few blokes and smash them up
Posted By: Zelig Re: incident victoria park - 13th Feb 2012 9:44pm
Originally Posted by dave_h

go back with a few blokes and smash them up

The thought did cross my mind Dave H - Unfortunately I didn't get a clear look at any of their faces as I didn't have my glasses with me -and they had hoods up and scarves over their faces didn't want to stare at them and give them an excuse to attack us. My main concern was getting my GF away from the situation safely.
If physically attacked I will defend myself & usually with success but revenge isn't my thing and I would hate to take it out on some innocent party by mistake. I did feel a huge urge to introduce them to certain aspects of the the game of baseball though https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums/images/icons/default_dark/wink.gif

I have a good mate who lives near the park and we often walk his dog through it on my way home from his at midnight or later it is usually quiet in there with only the occasional friendly dogwalker to be seen. Glad I chose not to walk through that night or who knows what would of happened.
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: incident victoria park - 15th Feb 2012 7:00pm
Originally Posted by starakita
I was in the park at 2.30 this afternoon with the dog Im normally out earlier but the kids are off there was nothing to be seen.Its been quiet there was in there on Saturday night there wasnt any one around then either.

My Akita has that effect on other people&dogs too mate`He`s so sensitive lately` they will have him a complex, frown whistle
Posted By: TheDr Re: incident victoria park - 15th Feb 2012 9:26pm
The park is ok, I think it's the perception rather than the reality.

Things happen everywhere we go, and given the number of people who use the park I think incidents are fairly rare, from the sounds of this one it would appear that they knew each other and the park was just an incidental location.

I would (have, and do) quite happily walk through there at any time of the day or night, then again I've done the same thing through Delamere Forest since I was 9 (maybe 10), although I think my current position of walking with a "wolf on a string" would make even the most desparate think twice before approaching out of the darkness laugh
Posted By: jen8505 Re: incident victoria park - 15th Feb 2012 10:25pm
Unfortunately things like this seem to be quite common these days. It seems people are starting to carry knives around and using them a lot more since there have been a number of stories of stabbing in recent weeks. Unless of course they're just being publicised more
Posted By: DeanoBirko Re: incident victoria park - 17th Feb 2012 3:07pm

Thats disgusting. What the hell has happened to this country?
Posted By: Katryn Re: incident victoria park - 17th Feb 2012 6:31pm
Why has the person responsible for this been bailed yet the incident at Yate's Wine Lodge the person responsible is remanded in custody?
Posted By: alanandlinda Re: incident victoria park - 25th Feb 2012 5:09pm
young man is out of hospital.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral