Forums
Posted By: j_demo Injuried By Potato Thrown From Car : Warren Drive - 16th Nov 2011 10:06am
was walking home along warren drive last night/evening about 6:30pm when a car drove past, quite obviously speeding, and threw a rather large potato at me, it missed and got my girlfriend square int eh face causing her horrific injuries and a trip to arrowe park A&E
i didn't quite catch what car it was as it was moving so f*kin' fast but my first reaction was to 999 it. as i was doing so a car came past, slowed right down and pointed and laughed then sped off, the registration for said car was DX11 TXP, i didn't catch the make & model as i was too busy focusing on the reg but it was a small car. possibly a honda jazz or a new shape ford ka and the occupants were 2 20something males in the front and at least 1 in the back.
there was a woman jogging past about 30 seconds afterwards and she said she thought it was a red fiesta because she'd seen it before being antisocial but whether or not this was the same people i don't know.
i know it sounds comical having a potato thrown at you, but imagine the weight of a potato about the same size as a tin of beans, maybe a little bigger. and the speed it came at if the car was doing about 70mph. we had no time to react, nor did we see it coming.
if anyone else has had this or seen this happen and you caught the reg let me know, the police are coming to mine later to take statements from me and my girlfriend.

thanks

- Jack
That's terrible news, I hope your girlfriend recovers well.

Are you sure the reg was DX11 TXP?
Either you got reg wrong, or the vehicle in question is not insured.
Go and report it to the police.
Hope your girlfriend is ok.
Think you might have got the reg slightly wrong, understandable, DVLA have no record on their database of a car with that reg.

Hope she is okay now.
the car that slowed down with the lads in that pointed and laughed was DK11 TXP

sorry, i couldn't read my own writing for a minute!
Could it of been any of these 2 vehicles

FORD FIESTA EDGE 82 3DR

AUDI A6 S LINE TD
Originally Posted by jawide
the car that slowed down with the lads in that pointed and laughed was DK11 TXP

sorry, i couldn't read my own writing for a minute!
that was a FORD FIESTA EDGE 82 3DR

looks like it's almost certainly that car then!

when the police come later i'll let them know that.
sadly i didn't get the details of the jogger woman but i'm sure i'll see her again and possibly ask if she'll inform the police of her experiences so that it might possibly go further...

just warning everyone to watch out, it was a traumatic experience for my girlfriend and also myself, i'd have rather it'd be me that were hit as to do such a thing to a 19 year old girl who does nothing but good to everyone, she's not some chavvy sl*t who arguably deserves it, but a legitimately nice girl, i just want them to come past again just so they have the chance of being men and getting out of the car and trying to be immature sods then. not flying past at 70 when no-one can get their hands on them
I hope you find out who these ... are.

Post it on here so we can keep an eye out. mad
[Linked Image] thats shocking! I really hope your g/f is ok and has recovered from the shock.

Really hope the police catch both cars as it sounds like they know each other...

sickening news that is, must of really shook you both up.

some complete tosspots around these days. really hope you get some justice. it sounds like the 2 cars go round together, so if u get one u will get the other.
I really hope they catch the ... mate, keep us updated. Hope your girlfriend is ok.
Good luck, hope they get the full force of the law.

Probably a slap on the wrist these days unfortunatley.
Take a trip down around same time wait for them to pass then follow them till they arrive home and then wait till they are in bed and kindly give them there potatoe back by inserting it up the exhaust on the car laffin laffin laffin laffin laffin laffin

Hope your girls ok sad thing to happen
Awwwwwww terrible frown
Hope your girlfriend is ok
OMG what idiots, if you find them I'd gladly hold em for you while you kick seven bells out of them!! Hope you girlfriend is getting well, and dont blame yourself its not your fault. I'll keep my eye out for that reg and if i see it parked ill send you the address. x
Really hope the police catch these ...!

Hope you GF is OK and makes a good recovery.
Thats terrible news, they asbos are ... you get them everywhere.
Originally Posted by Tombraider
Thats terrible news, they asbos are ... you get them everywhere.

??
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Injuried By Potato Thrown From Car : Warren Drive - 16th Nov 2011 1:20pm
Little tw@ts hope they catch them..
Just confirming this is a 2011 model Fiesta Edge in red,
cant be too many of these knocking about eh?

Hope your girfriend gets better mate

K
Originally Posted by kamikazi9
Just confirming this is a 2011 model Fiesta Edge in red,
cant be too many of these knocking about eh?

Hope your girfriend gets better mate

K

yep, that's exactly what it is.

police on their way now to take statements, there weren't any officers available yesterday (surprise surprise)
I hope your girlfriend's on the mend. I hope they get done for spudding!! :-)
I'd report it to the peelers!!
Originally Posted by FiremanFil
I'd report it to the peelers!!
Not really appropriate FF!
OK, Bezzy. Just trying to cheer people up. I did express my hope that she was ok, though. :-) Life is too short to be serious.
if you have the reg can't the rozzers trace the owners??? unless it was nicked of course, hope your gf is feeling better today, must have been a shock though, my son normally walks down warren drive to his girls house but after reading your post I dropped him off and will be picking him up
shes fine today, thanks everyone smile

police have just left, they'er going to put a section 59 on the car & owner so that if it's involved in another antisocial occurrence or is suspiciously close to one then the car will be seized. that is unless it already has one in which case they'll seize it.

the officer lady is going to phone us up either tonight or saturday when she's next on duty and update us on the situation.

thanks guys, will also keep you posted on what happens!
Originally Posted by jawide
was walking home along warren drive last night/evening about 6:30pm when a car drove past, quite obviously speeding, and threw a rather large potato at me, it missed and got my girlfriend square int eh face causing her horrific injuries and a trip to arrowe park A&E
i didn't quite catch what car it was as it was moving so f*kin' fast but my first reaction was to 999 it. as i was doing so a car came past, slowed right down and pointed and laughed then sped off, the registration for said car was DX11 TXP, i didn't catch the make & model as i was too busy focusing on the reg but it was a small car. possibly a honda jazz or a new shape ford ka and the occupants were 2 20something males in the front and at least 1 in the back.
there was a woman jogging past about 30 seconds afterwards and she said she thought it was a red fiesta because she'd seen it before being antisocial but whether or not this was the same people i don't know.
i know it sounds comical having a potato thrown at you, but imagine the weight of a potato about the same size as a tin of beans, maybe a little bigger. and the speed it came at if the car was doing about 70mph. we had no time to react, nor did we see it coming.
if anyone else has had this or seen this happen and you caught the reg let me know, the police are coming to mine later to take statements from me and my girlfriend.

thanks

- Jack
My god that is discusting behaviour ,hope your girl friend is ok i bet you want to kill the little shits ,unbelievable June
Glad to hear that your girlfriend is ok, as everyone else has said- this is truly disgusting behaviour.
Sorry to hear about your incident hope they get a bloody good kicking off somebody who catches them evil little tw@ts .
if you give the old bill the reg number, game over for the ..., busted
I hope they go to prison.
That's a terrible situation to be in. I would take a potato to the face all day long if it meant my girlfriend didn't have to.

I'll keep an eye out. I see lot's of idiots on the road, makes my blood boil so it does.

If I spot him then I'll tail him and we can get him back with some wiki-justice.

I'll hold him and you can tickle him.

On a serious note, Warren Drive is such a lovely area, I expect you'll find the car parked up in Rock Ferry or something. They won't be locals. I've never seen a local throw a potato.

Originally Posted by Guvna
That's a terrible situation to be in. I would take a potato to the face all day long if it meant my girlfriend didn't have to.

I'll keep an eye out. I see lot's of idiots on the road, makes my blood boil so it does.

If I spot him then I'll tail him and we can get him back with some wiki-justice.

On a serious note, Warren Drive is such a lovely area, I expect you'll find the car parked up in Rock Ferry or something. They won't be locals. I've never seen a local throw a potato.

agreed!

and yeh i've lived on this road for about 6 months now and this is the first time i've experienced anything like this. ok people speed down it every day because it's such a long wide, often empty road. but having things thrown is a new one to me.
Glad she's on the mend Jaw smile The mentality of some people these days baffles me. I'll keep an eye out for the cars. I'll also pass on the details to a few mates.

Bit of a sweeping comment about Rock Ferry mad Every area has bad apples.

As for the original poster I hope your girlfriend is ok soon.

hey Guvna, get the chip off your shoulder, it doesnt matter where you live, this day and age there are idiots everywhere, dont slate Rock Ferry, (PATATO!!!!!!!!!!)
I'm very sorry to hear about the incident and I do hope you're both OK now and that your girlfriend is feeling better. I had a rant on here a couple of weeks ago about a similar incident where teens threw rocks at my daughter as she cycled by and I know how angry I felt about the whole episode. It made me want to be a vigilante and beat the sh*t out of them and make them beg for mercy. This behaviour is really getting out of control now and there needs to be much more severe punishment for those committing the crimes. If the police have the registration number of the car, why can't they go now and arrest the yobs involved, if I read it correctly they're going to wait until they do it again before any action is taken? I hate what the world has become and I can't see it improving any time soon frown
was walking one eve along earlestone road a couple of months ago at most, and saw the same thing happen to a couple further up the road on the other side, but they didnt use a potato, it was a liquid of some sort, maybe a water bomb or such. she didnt seem to know them and the perepatrators sped off in their car. my partner and i took a detour incase they came back to get us. wonder if its the same idiots, just stepped up their game?
Originally Posted by lemonhead
[quote=Guvna]That's a terrible situation to be in. I would take a potato to the face all day long if it meant my girlfriend didn't have to.

hey Guvna, get the chip off your shoulder, it doesnt matter where you live, this day and age there are idiots everywhere, dont slate Rock Ferry, (PATATO!!!!!!!!!!) No its spelt with an o its POTATO!!!
My mate got hit by a potato thrown from a car tonight in Birkenhead. Didn't see the car as it was on a bend, and too busy trying to work out what the hell just happened. frown
Originally Posted by DavidB
My mate got hit by a potato thrown from a car tonight in Birkenhead. Didn't see the car as it was on a bend, and too busy trying to work out what the hell just happened. frown

FFS what is this world coming to? mad

Bloody hell guvna, Youv'e never seen a local throw a potato??
Obviously you've been to Rock Ferry and seen them do it there. There's as much chance of it being thrown by people local to Warren Dr as anywhere else! Or are all of the scallys there always at church or helping old people across the road? Next you'll be saying they're bound to be black or gay or Australian!
Why is every single thread on here plagued by a pointless argument everytime? Really, nobody cares, please stop it, you're ruining a once decent forum with it.
Originally Posted by yewgarth

Bloody hell guvna, Youv'e never seen a local throw a potato??
Obviously you've been to Rock Ferry and seen them do it there. There's as much chance of it being thrown by people local to Warren Dr as anywhere else! Or are all of the scallys there always at church or helping old people across the road? Next you'll be saying they're bound to be black or gay or Australian!

why do you say Rock Ferry?
IGNORE THE DELETED MEMBERS COMMENTS PEOPLE!
Well I find this whole topic disgraceful!

Poor girl!

Fancy that!

There are always di*c*khe*ads with no sence in this world!

Hope she's ok
Wow time flies, this was 2 years ago
Are you going to bump all posts from 2 years ago?
Originally Posted by LiamW
Are you going to bump all posts from 2 years ago?

whats it to you lad?

Just saying time flies, doesnt seem that long ago when this was up.
Originally Posted by _Ste_

whats it to you lad?

Just wondering if I was going to click 'Active Topics' and be taken back to 2012...

Originally Posted by _Ste_
Just saying time flies, doesnt seem that long ago when this was up.

It was 2 years ago...
© Wirral-Wikiwirral