Forums
Posted By: dave_h airsoft - 27th Dec 2011 9:16pm
does anyone partake in the above mentioned activity? whats it like?
Posted By: ex0__ Re: airsoft - 27th Dec 2011 10:01pm
Paintball but hurts less. And tends to be more milsim than fun orientated.

Look up youtube videos if you want an idea of it.
Posted By: dave_h Re: airsoft - 27th Dec 2011 10:08pm
after experiences
Posted By: dave_h Re: airsoft - 27th Dec 2011 10:09pm
Originally Posted by ex0__
Paintball but hurts less. And tends to be more milsim than fun orientated.

Look up youtube videos if you want an idea of it.

have you done it
Posted By: Nelzy84 Re: airsoft - 24th Apr 2012 1:14pm
Know any decent sites Daveo ?
Posted By: DarkArtist Re: airsoft - 29th Apr 2012 11:01am
Even within airsoft theres two distinct groups, the average airsoft site will play paintball style games, open to everyone so you can wear what you want, use whats replicas you want and carry as much ammo as you want. Generally this is where the vast majority of people will play, depending on the site and marshalls will depend on how good the experience is. This is the more fun orientated style of play.

Having been airsofting for nigh on 6 years, about 2 years ago I made the move to milsim style games, meaning full weekend events non-stop games, restrictions on ammo carriage, uniform rules for the different teams. Generally this will be your more older players, with a large majority being forces/ex-forces/police or the wealthy. Less fun orientated, but the more realistic. Opens up new doors though such as playing at MoD facilities, using helicopters in game and other stuff.

If you want to get into it properly, without scrimping on kit, look at setting aside close to £1000 for kit/rigs/replicas and little bits and pieces.
Posted By: dave_h Re: airsoft - 29th Apr 2012 12:52pm
Originally Posted by DarkArtist
Even within airsoft theres two distinct groups, the average airsoft site will play paintball style games, open to everyone so you can wear what you want, use whats replicas you want and carry as much ammo as you want. Generally this is where the vast majority of people will play, depending on the site and marshalls will depend on how good the experience is. This is the more fun orientated style of play.

Having been airsofting for nigh on 6 years, about 2 years ago I made the move to milsim style games, meaning full weekend events non-stop games, restrictions on ammo carriage, uniform rules for the different teams. Generally this will be your more older players, with a large majority being forces/ex-forces/police or the wealthy. Less fun orientated, but the more realistic. Opens up new doors though such as playing at MoD facilities, using helicopters in game and other stuff.

If you want to get into it properly, without scrimping on kit, look at setting aside close to £1000 for kit/rigs/replicas and little bits and pieces.

wont be buying any kit, just wanted to have a go, the enthusiasts way, bit of a bustmans holiday really that milsim...
Posted By: dave_h Re: airsoft - 30th Apr 2012 9:57am
Originally Posted by Nelzy84
Know any decent sites Daveo ?

not really, the only one i found fairly local was at parkgate, im gunna give it a go and let u know how it is
Posted By: dave_h Re: airsoft - 30th Apr 2012 9:58am
Originally Posted by DarkArtist

i get paid to do this lol
Posted By: DeanoBirko Re: airsoft - 30th Apr 2012 10:16am
Theres a good one on the A550 in North Wales, they do airsoft and paintball.

Alpha 55 i think its called. Some pretty serious types there...

One guy had an airsoft sniper rifle and full Ghillie suit. Overheard him saying that he lay in the grass without moving for 4 hours without firing a shot. Said it was the greatest feeling when he popped someone through the trees. I was smirk

Im happy running around doing paintball. Much more painful and a lot more fun!
Posted By: ex0__ Re: airsoft - 30th Apr 2012 10:20am
This was a friend of mine, he made the ghillie himself smile

They are more mil-sim than casual there though, as you suspected. Full weekend jobs.
Posted By: dave_h Re: airsoft - 18th May 2012 8:50am
thinking bout this the other day, a wiki game of paintball???? no spotters or seriousness, just fun!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral