Forums
Posted By: fish5133 Virgin Mobile Scam Letter - 21st May 2018 8:55pm
Received a very convincing letter allegedly from Virgin Media personally addressed to me saying i owed £5.07 on a mobile phone account which i did not recognise.. and gave a number to ring. The virgin mobile customer phone lines were very busy tonight i wonder if they have had a string of complaints.
Also received another convincing email allegedly from Virgin saying the same thing but this time also quoting the mobile number and account number. A check online with the virgin media website gives a different account number associated with the mobile number and saying i owe nothing...

Remember a few weeks back my gmail account unexpectedly wouldnt accept my password and i had to change it...

be aware any virgin customers
Posted By: casper Re: Virgin Mobile Scam Letter - 22nd May 2018 8:25am
Thanks fish, these things can easily affect the unwary, will also save time trouble and effort with accounts and phone calls etc trying to verify.
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Virgin Mobile Scam Letter - 22nd May 2018 7:39pm
I recently had a load of companies apparently wanting my opinion of their products - some of them expensive phones, TVs with enormous screens and the like. So keen were they for my views they were happy to give me one to try and keep!

Sadly, a look at the email addresses from whence they came showed they were nothing whatever to do with the company offering me these gifts! Clearly a scam and I ignored them all. after about a week or two they stopped. I think it is important never to respond to these things, as this tells them you exist and they can then try another wheeze which might just work.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral