Forums
Posted By: Dilly Flashing eye - 16th Mar 2017 7:01am
Hello people, this morning I have noticed a flashing eye symbol on the top of my phone. It appears on the bar where my battery level and the time appear. This eye is only there when I go on Wiki Wirral and no other site. Am I being watched or just being paranoid smile any ideas please folks ? Cheers
Posted By: Mark Re: Flashing eye - 16th Mar 2017 7:40am
If its a Samsung then it's keeping the screen visible as you look at the phone. It stops it going to sleep as you read.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Flashing eye - 16th Mar 2017 8:09am
Cheers Mark. Yes it is a Samsung but I don't know why this has only appeared this morning. Now you have told me what it is I will go into settings and see if it can be turned off. Thank you.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Flashing eye - 16th Mar 2017 10:34am
Cant get rid of the thing. It's starting to spook me smile
Posted By: starakita Re: Flashing eye - 16th Mar 2017 10:44am
I've got a Samsung, I'm using it now but I've never had a flashing eye on it
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Flashing eye - 16th Mar 2017 10:47am
Its all in the eyes!!
Posted By: granny Re: Flashing eye - 16th Mar 2017 11:27am
Originally Posted by Dilly

You're being watched ...again wink
Posted By: Dilly Re: Flashing eye - 16th Mar 2017 11:49am
Originally Posted by granny
Originally Posted by Dilly

You're being watched ...again wink

Oh yes I know that Granny. Can't get away from those eyes smile
Posted By: spinner1 Re: Flashing eye - 16th Mar 2017 3:11pm
It must be an I-Phone !!!
Posted By: Dilly Re: Flashing eye - 16th Mar 2017 4:28pm
Originally Posted by spinner1
It must be an I-Phone !!!

laffin
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Flashing eye - 16th Mar 2017 4:32pm
It uses the front camera to see if you are watching the screen, if so it keeps screen lit and puts the eye symbol up.

The function is called "Smart Stay" so disable that.

It comes under settings-display somewhere
Posted By: Dilly Re: Flashing eye - 16th Mar 2017 4:55pm
Cheers DD. I've been into settings and it looks to be switched off but still keeps winking at me smile
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Flashing eye - 16th Mar 2017 5:22pm
It must just be paranoid that you are watching it omg
Posted By: Dilly Re: Flashing eye - 16th Mar 2017 5:52pm
Just had a thought, I will stick a bit of tape over the front camera. Try spy on me now big brother smile
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Flashing eye - 16th Mar 2017 6:33pm
Ive been getting emails from the white house for some reason.on an old freeserve account. Never had them when obama was in power . just put it down to cia gchq and feel honoured they consider you worthy to snoop on
Posted By: Mark Re: Flashing eye - 16th Mar 2017 7:10pm
Smart stay.
Pull down from the top, and select the tiles, you should get somthing similar to this.

Attached picture Screenshot_2017-03-16-19-08-09.jpg
Posted By: Dilly Re: Flashing eye - 16th Mar 2017 7:10pm
Hey Fish I'm going for a bath now and I'm think could one of the spotlights in the ceiling be a camera ? If it is big brother will soon switch it off when I disrobe nono
Posted By: Dilly Re: Flashing eye - 16th Mar 2017 7:15pm
Thanks Mark I've tried that. When I go to smart switch there is a box you can tick,tried it both ways but the ever watching eye is still there smile
Posted By: cools Re: Flashing eye - 16th Mar 2017 7:39pm
Concerning your Eye Of Horus Dilly, reading up on it you have to switch off rotation as well, don't quite know what I'm on about but ask Google about your problem maybe that will clear it, other than that you're being watched by M.I.5, what have you been up to ,lol.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Flashing eye - 16th Mar 2017 7:49pm
I give it a try Cools thanks. Just out my bath and even the toilet duck was watching me ! Mind you I should stop using that in my bath water,it's playing havoc with my complexion smile
Posted By: Dilly Re: Flashing eye - 16th Mar 2017 7:54pm
Cools you are a genius. Eyeball has gone. Thank you.
Posted By: cools Re: Flashing eye - 16th Mar 2017 8:08pm
Ha, me giving advice on techhy issues and it worked , that's a first... Glad it solved your problem Dilly, feel quite chuffed with myself ,lol.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Flashing eye - 16th Mar 2017 8:19pm
Originally Posted by cools
Ha, me giving advice on techhy issues and it worked , that's a first... Glad it solved your problem Dilly, feel quite chuffed with myself ,lol.

And so you should feel chuffed, you solved something a couple of our wiki techno's didn't. thumbsup
© Wirral-Wikiwirral