Forums
Posted By: missmahjong sound - 16th Dec 2014 11:52am
hi mark, just had pc,s back up and running but getting sounhelp would be d when viewing on funny post's , but fine on everything else, any idea's..
Posted By: derekdwc Re: sound - 16th Dec 2014 6:10pm
I'd check your speakers are plugged in and in the proper socket on the pc and do as below if ok.
If it's a laptop download the drivers for that particular laptop
(google lookup the laptop make and number on that laptops site eg Dell.co or Asus and see what soundcard it is and look for that driver for your version of windows - xp, Vista or windows 7/8
Posted By: sonylegs Re: sound - 16th Dec 2014 6:27pm
Did you get sound before?.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: sound - 16th Dec 2014 6:42pm
She did yes. Still gets sound for other websites- just cannot get any sound from links posted on wiki.
Posted By: sonylegs Re: sound - 16th Dec 2014 6:50pm
I was going to say I don't get sound either, but I just tried and now I get it. I have not changed any settings or installed new drivers. Rather odd, at least mine has gone the better way. Right click on the speaker icon and see if you can change any settings.
Posted By: j_demo Re: sound - 16th Dec 2014 9:17pm
can't be wikiwirral if we're getting sound and you're not.

is there any sound coming out of the computer with other programmes (youtube, itunes etc)

if it's ONLY the funny posts thread you have no sound on then try a different browser or give it 24 hours, there might be an update going on wikiwirral's end... there's a few things it could be to be honest.
Posted By: Mark Re: sound - 16th Dec 2014 9:54pm
This may have been a temp glitch with the source website.
Can you give us aa link to a topic and we can report back to you if we can also hear sound. As some videos just dont have sound.

It could also be that your youtube play you have the sound on mute on the player and other say news sites used there own video players and there soud is fine because they have loaded up with the default settings and you hear sound.

From what you have said, i think you have hit the mute on a player and its remembered your settings.

Mark
© Wirral-Wikiwirral