Forums
Posted By: pegsgirl Flash drive in the New Clio - 22nd Nov 2013 11:08pm
I have just bought the new Clio, there is no CD player only a USB socket, i have purchased a flash drive and downloaded my tunes from Cloud.. all works ok when playing the music from my Flash drive on PC, however i have plugged into the socket in my Clio and i get a warning saying 'installation not recognised'...any ides please as too why?? I did format the flash drive pre download. If i plug my smart phone into the USB Port in the car i can access my music via Cloud/device, so i know the USB socket is working..
Posted By: lau2908 Re: Flash drive in the New Clio - 23rd Nov 2013 11:47am
is the pen drive ntfs or fat? if you formatted it an selected ntfs id try doing it fat32 and then pop them on your pen drive and try again
Posted By: lau2908 Re: Flash drive in the New Clio - 23rd Nov 2013 11:48am
I would also check the music you have put on the pen drive is .mp3 and not mp4, sometimes I think iTunes converts them to mp4s and a lot of things won't play them, just an idea though worth checking
Posted By: lau2908 Re: Flash drive in the New Clio - 23rd Nov 2013 11:59am
http://www.renault.co.uk/ownerservi...e/multimedia/multi-functional-tunepoint/

may be worth having of read of that also, it may need updating before you can use it, although when reading I did notice that it states you can plug your mp3 player into the usb or jack, no mention of playing music straight from the usb drive.
Posted By: pegsgirl Re: Flash drive in the New Clio - 23rd Nov 2013 1:06pm
The music is mp3. Downloaded from amazon cloud. Iou2908 I have no idea what you mean by fats or ntfs. ? Sorry.
Thank you for the link to Renault I will sit and play with the controls shortly and see if I can change the settings. I may need to delete all and start again...
many thanks
Posted By: kamikazi Re: Flash drive in the New Clio - 23rd Nov 2013 1:14pm
Think it works with an MP3 player not a pen drive.

K
Posted By: Madge Re: Flash drive in the New Clio - 23rd Nov 2013 2:11pm
i have a little flash drive i use in my car which is the same as yours, i dont know what they are saved as though, but it works fine,
Posted By: Mark Re: Flash drive in the New Clio - 23rd Nov 2013 2:52pm
Put your Flash drive in your pc.
Goto my computer.

Right click on your flash drive.
From the drop list select properties.
A new window will open with a pie slice hart.

On that screen you will see file type of either NTFS or FAT32.

Think of the good old video player.
They play tapes but you could have either betamax or vhs. They both store recordings but wont play in the wrong player.

We can then guide you to fixing the problem.
Posted By: pegsgirl Re: Flash drive in the New Clio - 23rd Nov 2013 3:39pm
Hi Mark
Ok got that open and its a NTFS file system
Posted By: pegsgirl Re: Flash drive in the New Clio - 23rd Nov 2013 4:02pm
Yea i think i have sorted it. Just changed the format which cleared all the contents and file now on xfats. Just download 1 album and tested it and looks like its working..will keep you informed ..Thanks wiki peeps .
Posted By: Blueskier Re: Flash drive in the New Clio - 24th Nov 2013 1:25am
Yes fat format and mp3,you will have no problems.
I have a Megane with a similar system.
Must say though, love the new clio. Which version have you got?
Posted By: pegsgirl Re: Flash drive in the New Clio - 24th Nov 2013 9:33am
Hi Blue.
Yes its ok now thankfully. Only understood why with help from wikiwirral though .
I have the dynamique. It is lovely to drive. Usually have fords but just loved the shape of the clio. Its also my 1st diesel and am pleasantly suprised how many more miles i get to the gallon. Now my music sorted Im very happy .
© Wirral-Wikiwirral