Forums
Posted By: Petei123 Sky TV - 23rd Sep 2013 6:46pm
I've just been looking on the Sky TV site, and put together this package of Sports, Movies, Unlimited internet and line rental. All comes in at £19.50pm.

Have I read that right or am I missing something?

http://m.shop.sky.com/mt/www.sky.com/quickbuy/build?un_jtt_v_=

Posted By: Tony_1985 Re: Sky TV - 23rd Sep 2013 6:59pm
dunno how you managed that when thier cheapest package is £21.50 PLUS line rental
Posted By: Petei123 Re: Sky TV - 23rd Sep 2013 7:03pm
Neither do I, that's why I'm questioning it. I mean I'm not going to complain if I can get it at that price
Posted By: fillbo Re: Sky TV - 23rd Sep 2013 7:17pm
What are you actually getting for £19.50?
Posted By: Petei123 Re: Sky TV - 23rd Sep 2013 7:25pm
Well I'm assuming its sky sports, sky movies, sky hd box, unlimited broadband and line rental. Hence why I'm a little confused as to why its that cheap
Posted By: Mark Re: Sky TV - 23rd Sep 2013 8:37pm
I think you get all them for that price if you sign up to there sky talk (the telephone package) so then you would have to add your line rental.

Its not just sky who advertise it this way. Line rental is always the little * you have to read up on.

O they may want you on a 2yr contract too.
Posted By: Elizabeth Re: Sky TV - 23rd Sep 2013 9:11pm
Originally Posted by Pete_306TD
Well I'm assuming its sky sports, sky movies, sky hd box, unlimited broadband and line rental. Hence why I'm a little confused as to why its that cheap

Keep us posted if it does turn out to be so cheap, because if that's the case, I'll be ringing them myself to sign up!
Posted By: carrot_boy Re: Sky TV - 23rd Sep 2013 9:41pm
Someone is pulling your leg there pete! Surely thats to good to be true, my old man always said if something sounds to good to be true it normally is! He was a knowledgeable old chap too!

Cheers
Posted By: Mark Re: Sky TV - 24th Sep 2013 7:56am
Im pretty sure * is the base pack which is normally required. Ive just done the first page choosing the packages and when I clicked on order summary it wanted me to go back as I guess the entertainment pack (base pack) had not been added. When I done that it went from zero to £43 ish.

There has to be a catch for the price you have found.
Posted By: Petei123 Re: Sky TV - 24th Sep 2013 10:40am
I've just called up to enquire, and I do have to choose one of the basic packages also. So with sports, movies, broadband etc added, it comes in at £58
Posted By: DeanoBirko Re: Sky TV - 24th Sep 2013 12:25pm
£58!! WHAT A RIP!
Posted By: bigpete Re: Sky TV - 24th Sep 2013 1:14pm
They are robbers - but people put up with them - another loss leader - 12 months at £20 then up it goes to £58 - with the kids and missus screaming they can't do without it....
Posted By: Martin1943 Re: Sky TV - 24th Sep 2013 4:40pm
It amazes me when people, who must be short of money, can "afford" to pay £500 a year for mediocre TV. It's more than my car insurance.
You can receive the equivalent of most programmes for free!
Perhaps I am just out of step.
Posted By: Moonstar Re: Sky TV - 24th Sep 2013 9:34pm
I think Sky have shot themselves in the foot over the fibre cost. We already pay extra for fibre to be placed by BT so why a further cost for the internet connection.

I am going to break down everything this week even if I have to get it from different places as it seems if you go with one supplier for everything it turns out to be more expensive.
Posted By: Lando Re: Sky TV - 25th Sep 2013 5:55pm
If you want cheap sky pm me i can get you it half price,

Remember moaners

It's a choice
Posted By: Mark Re: Sky TV - 25th Sep 2013 5:59pm
Lando posts this offer every six months or so. So im letting you know he is genuine, see his previous posts thumbsup
© Wirral-Wikiwirral