Forums
Posted By: Uffda Problem Printing Labels - 31st Jul 2013 6:41pm
I've designed a simple jam jar label with Paintshop pro and copied it onto a word document using the label format. My labels are Avery J8160 and I've selected these in the label menu but when I print the labels out they are mis-aligned.I've wasted about five sheets of labels but can't see what is going wrong. My printer prints everything else out fine.
Can anyone give any advice please?
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Problem Printing Labels - 31st Jul 2013 6:55pm
Could the paper be the wrong way up?
Posted By: spgb1a Re: Problem Printing Labels - 31st Jul 2013 7:29pm
Ive done stickers in the past, and it was trial and error,but i found out before i actaully printed the stickers was to pick the size of the sheet of paper, there is options,if your stikcers are approx 21 per sheet, you have to go to the list of paper sizes,i think its 8.5 inches by 11 inches.just check the options list

hope this helps
Posted By: spgb1a Re: Problem Printing Labels - 31st Jul 2013 7:33pm
and before you put your stickers sheet in,put a blank white piece of paper in and print on that then put the printed sheet behind the stickers sheet and it should show through.
Posted By: eggandchips Re: Problem Printing Labels - 1st Aug 2013 8:16am
just a thought, is there software provided by avery ?
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Problem Printing Labels - 1st Aug 2013 10:05am
If you've got the original Avery labels and selected that label in Word (under Avery A4 labels) then there really shouldn't be anything to go wrong.
Posted By: Uffda Re: Problem Printing Labels - 1st Aug 2013 7:04pm
Yeah, I've tried using Avery software but the same thing happens. I've selected the right stickers for the right code but can't work out why my printer isn't printing it properly. the text and image is about half a centimeter too high and off the individual sticker. I've also tried printing on a blank piece of paper but the same thing happens.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Problem Printing Labels - 2nd Aug 2013 1:30pm
If you want to drop me off a sheet of labels and your document I'll try it in my colour laser printer.

In fact, send me the file, I'll print it onto plain A4 then you can hold it up to a sheet of your labels.

That way we can rule out your printer.
Posted By: Uffda Re: Problem Printing Labels - 3rd Aug 2013 3:08pm
Thank you so much Gibbo, I'll PM you.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral