Forums
Posted By: Willo_ Opinions - 24th Jul 2013 11:35am
I am making a website for my boss, and am just after some opinions.

What do you like to see on a web site, in terms of user friendliness, etc etc.

If you pm me I will give you web site address and perhaps you can give me some pointers in you don't mind.
Posted By: Uffda Re: Opinions - 24th Jul 2013 12:37pm
What always annoys me is when you search for an item on a website and for example there are more than 100 responses and the web page defaults to only showing 25 at a time. You can usually change this to increase the range but why would you only want a small percentage on a page at any one time. Ebay always defaults to 50 items and I always have to change it to 200.
Maybe it's only me and everyone else prefers it this way.
Not sure if it helps you and it's not really earth-shattering but hey ho!
Posted By: little_pob Re: Opinions - 24th Jul 2013 7:49pm
Originally Posted by Uffda
What always annoys me is when you search for an item on a website and for example there are more than 100 responses and the web page defaults to only showing 25 at a time. You can usually change this to increase the range but why would you only want a small percentage on a page at any one time. Ebay always defaults to 50 items and I always have to change it to 200.
Maybe it's only me and everyone else prefers it this way.
Not sure if it helps you and it's not really earth-shattering but hey ho!
It's marketing psychology. It even has a buzz term; the choice overload problem. Interesting talk on it here: http://www.ted.com/talks/sheena_iyengar_choosing_what_to_choose.html
Posted By: turnip Re: Opinions - 25th Jul 2013 12:54am
Hey Willo, I've done a pr degree with a lot of focus on online media. Drop me a message if you need a hand and ill see what I can do. I'm on my honeymoon at the moment but will be back on Tuesday.
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: Opinions - 25th Jul 2013 11:10am
Originally Posted by turnip
Hey Willo, I've done a pr degree with a lot of focus on online media. Drop me a message if you need a hand and ill see what I can do. I'm on my honeymoon at the moment but will be back on Tuesday.

You're on your Honeymoon but still on Wikiwirral,who said romance is dead? HaHa!
Posted By: turnip Re: Opinions - 25th Jul 2013 11:33am
There's wifi in the rooms and there's not much to do in mexico at 10 when your wife is asleep tease
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Opinions - 29th Jul 2013 1:30pm
It depends on the business and what you're going to be having on there.

Personally I'm finding that having a Facebook presence more profitable than a website. Facebook is ubiquitous these days and much easier for users to access in their daily browsing.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral