Forums
Posted By: ManxCat Amazon Kindle Fire - 17th Oct 2012 7:48pm
Anyone got any views on the new Amazon Kindle Fire.. smile

I'm after a tablet but want a good one.

The Kindle Fire HD looks to be about the best of the range @ £159.

Father Christmas can't stretch to a ipad this year unfortunatly.. smile
Posted By: Raven61 Re: Amazon Kindle Fire - 17th Oct 2012 8:10pm
Originally Posted by ManxCat
Anyone got any views on the new Amazon Kindle Fire.. smile

The Kindle Fire HD looks to be about the best of the range @ £159.

Father Christmas can't stretch to a ipad this year unfortunatly.. smile
What are you going to use it for.
Posted By: Andyj Re: Amazon Kindle Fire - 17th Oct 2012 9:31pm
Kindle fire hd looks good from reviews, but there is allegedly a mini ipad being announced next week for around £200
Posted By: j_demo Re: Amazon Kindle Fire - 17th Oct 2012 9:35pm
Microsoft will soon be bringing out a tablet to rival the iPad and what I've heard will be very competatively priced!
Posted By: plot21 Re: Amazon Kindle Fire - 18th Oct 2012 4:21am
The Amazon Kindle Fire HD is in my opinion a well specced tablet. ( 7 inch screen, Dual-core 1.2GHz TI OMAP4 4460 CPU, 1GHz). It's a fully fledged tablet device using a customised version Android OS, rather than just an e-book reader like the original kindles.

Drawback with kindles are they can only access apps on the Amazon app store which there is about 60,000 apps, compared to approx 600,000 on the Google playstore.

As an alternative I would suggest looking at the Google Nexus 7, the 8GB version can be got for £159.

Posted By: chris123 Re: Amazon Kindle Fire - 18th Oct 2012 6:24am
I bought a google nexus 7 a few weeks back and can't recommend it highly enough- awesome!
Posted By: MikeT Re: Amazon Kindle Fire - 18th Oct 2012 6:38am
Originally Posted by jawide
Microsoft will soon be bringing out a tablet to rival the iPad and what I've heard will be very competatively priced!

It's out, it's crap, it won't run Windows applications, it is way overpriced once you add the (needed) keyboard. Avoid.
Posted By: MikeT Re: Amazon Kindle Fire - 18th Oct 2012 6:39am
Originally Posted by ManxCat

Get the Google Nexus 7.
Posted By: Moonstar Re: Amazon Kindle Fire - 18th Oct 2012 10:03am
I bought a Kindle at the beginning of the year, the first one. I use it solely for reading and am wearing it out! I love it.
Posted By: Garygadge Re: Amazon Kindle Fire - 18th Oct 2012 12:18pm
The nexus 7 has just been released with 32GB for the same price as the 16GB.... £199
Posted By: ManxCat Re: Amazon Kindle Fire - 18th Oct 2012 5:56pm
I must admit the ipad is the must have tablet and if there is a new mini version coming out which more reasonably priced, I may just hang on a bit.. smile

It's always the way.. I recently upgraded my mobile and the next week the new iphone5 came out..

Posted By: EvilCycle Re: Amazon Kindle Fire - 18th Oct 2012 7:19pm
My opinion would be to get the nexus 7
Posted By: Raven61 Re: Amazon Kindle Fire - 18th Oct 2012 8:34pm
My Son & I have both got a Barnes & Noble 'Nook Color' 7" tablet [8GB]. It has excellent graffics & a sensitive touch screen.
Have inserted a rooted 32GB micro SD card so you can download any apps or games from Google Store [or 4Share] etc.
You get a colour Ereader [backlit],internet browser, mp3 player, video player & gaming device for less than the price of a Kindle 3G. Have a look on Ebay.
Posted By: ManxCat Re: Amazon Kindle Fire - 19th Oct 2012 8:09pm
The Google Nexus 7 does look a very good option.. smile

The main reasons for me wanting a tablet pc is to surf the net and check my emails on the move, ideally using a onboard programs. Open and view documents and photo's aswell.

How compatable is the Apple with Windows files?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral