Forums
Posted By: Capt_America Help please ! - 27th Sep 2012 10:15pm
I am not really computer minded. For a while now I have been having to log into WikiWirral every time I visit. I am not staying logged on despite ticking the box saying "keep me logged in". The same thing is happening to my MSN e mail and to my facebook account.

Tonight I was asked to log in when I first visited. Then every time I clicked on a forum or a new topic or post, I found myself logged out and asked to log on again. This took me back to the home page after I had logged in and then when I clicked the topic I wanted to read, wham, I was logged out again.

It has taken about 10 attempts to log in to be able to leave this message. Does anyone know what my problem is please?
Posted By: Gold_Moon Re: Help please ! - 28th Sep 2012 2:19am
Could it be your internal battery needs replacing? When it's running down, it won't remember any of your preferences for very long, (this includes internet passwords and such.)
Posted By: TheDr Re: Help please ! - 28th Sep 2012 6:01am
It could be as simple as a setting telling your computer not to remember any passwords, although, far more likely, is that you need to make a slight adjustment to a registery entry (I'm working on the assumption you're using Internet Explorer).

Your CMOS battery keeps the memory live that stores the settings your PC needs when it starts up, which drive to load, the size of it, time, date etc etc.
The memory does keep a password for stopping people from going into the Bios and changing these settings however it doesn't store passwords for websites.
Posted By: Mark Re: Help please ! - 28th Sep 2012 11:20am
Tell us what Browser and what version you are using?

If its Internet Explorer 8 then there are known issues, your pc may have updated to Explorer 9 and some people are having problems too.

For wiki

Mystuff >> Cookies >> Delete cookies.

Close your browser and then start it up again and log back into wiki.

So if you can answer the above and also try the cookie thing we may be more help.

As its happening to you on other sites then its not just a wiki thing. Do a Virus Check also.

Hope that helps.
Posted By: Capt_America Re: Help please ! - 28th Sep 2012 6:02pm
I think it's Explorer 9 and I can't do the cookie thing because every time I try to purge the cookies it logs me out and I have to log back in again, but then I'm not on the delete cookie page, so then I go my stuff>>cookies>>delete cookies and it logs me out again. Grrrr, I think I'm going mad!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral