Forums
Posted By: j_demo Sony Vaio 14" screen replacement - 8th Sep 2012 4:36pm
my girlfriend has a sony Vaio VPCEA1S1E laptop with a 14" screen that's just fell and broke.

how much would it cost for parts & labour to fix the screen???

pics can be given of said broken screen if required but about 1/4 to 1/3 is just white with nothing showing and a small 1" X 1" black/multicoloured crack to the side of it.

i'm primarily looking for TheDr to answer this one, but he's over his PM limit.

or anyone else know how much it'll be???

please don't say "call such a place" as i can google computer repair shops all day long, they'll just say "bring it in and we'll have a look at it"

i know what needs doing which is a new screen needs installed

can someone give me a price for parts & fitting please ASAP

thank you.
Posted By: turnip Re: Sony Vaio 14" screen replacement - 8th Sep 2012 5:58pm
I know someone who could do this for about 80 quid.
Posted By: j_demo Re: Sony Vaio 14" screen replacement - 8th Sep 2012 6:31pm
Good price, is it a shop and guaranteed or a cash in hand "might work, might not" kind of thing??? Laptops only like 20 months old so want it done properly, greatest of respect...
Posted By: TheDr Re: Sony Vaio 14" screen replacement - 8th Sep 2012 10:28pm
I REALLY need to clear out some of those pm's

£80 sounds about right for a new screen, including fitting, for one of those, might even be a bit cheaper.

The way we work is EVERY screen repair gets booked in at £110, that way once it's stripped down if it turns out the invertor has gone or the ribbon is split we don't spend a week with it in pieces waiting for the customer to agree to an extra few pounds for parts.

What we then do is bill the correct price when it's collected, 17" one collected today was £85 (I only know this because I actually had to work today).

In (lots) of years we've only ever had to ring up once (if it was just the screen) that I can recall, and that was because they had an oddball screen that nowhere had, eventually found a used one on eB@y for almost £200......wasn't worth it.
Posted By: j_demo Re: Sony Vaio 14" screen replacement - 8th Sep 2012 11:25pm
Are you able to get one of the right screens in Dr?? I've included the model number of the laptop in the opening post.

She's a student at LJMU so can't afford all that much, so if you can do it for £75-80 that'll be very much appreciated but slightly more will be ok, she needs it for UNO and starts again on the 17th I think it is...

Thanks
Posted By: j_demo Re: Sony Vaio 14" screen replacement - 8th Sep 2012 11:26pm
Uni* (stupid iPhone correction thing...)
Posted By: TheDr Re: Sony Vaio 14" screen replacement - 9th Sep 2012 8:36am
If we haven't got it in then we have it couriered over same/next day.

This model has FOUR different screens listed for it (all 14" just different variations), so once the screen is out we'll just get the part number off the back off it to make sure the same one goes back in.

Price is about right, should easily be ready before 17th, as long as you don't bring it in the day before smile
Posted By: j_demo Re: Sony Vaio 14" screen replacement - 9th Sep 2012 10:31am
Oh cheers, where's your shop again?? I'll bring it in after work probably Tuesday.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral