Forums
Posted By: poodlepup Aerial Booster - 15th Dec 2011 2:14pm
Hi i think i need an aerial booster i keep losing BBC1 +2 when it rains.

Could anyone recommend one for me?

Thanks
Posted By: mikethetrainman Re: Aerial Booster - 15th Dec 2011 2:50pm
HI,it happens to us?, so we watch bbc through i-player on computer hooked up to our t.v, sorry i cant tell you why? i think it might be water in the aerial?. Our aerial is OLD and its our landlords and the skin-flint wont change it for us.cheers mike.
Posted By: TheComputerLab Re: Aerial Booster - 15th Dec 2011 2:56pm
I dont think it is the responsibility of a landlord to ensure the premesis has a tv aerial full stop.

In response to your aerial mate. Which way does it point? Wales is probably the strongest for these parts.
Posted By: Norton Re: Aerial Booster - 15th Dec 2011 2:56pm
It's always best practice to ensure that the ariel and co-ax cable are in good condition before trying a booster. With the recent wind and rain it may be mis-aligned or the co-ax has chaffed on, say, the gutter, and become full of water or corrosion. Take a look outside and see.
The way digital TV is broadcast may mean that other stations will be lost as well. Have you tried searching for new channels on the digi box, or used it to check signal strength? This may provide a clue.
I'm assuming that you are not trying to get a signal from a distant transmitter that is still broadcasting analogue TV.
But if you do need a booster, they can be found in the likes of Asda and Wilkinsons.
Posted By: poodlepup Re: Aerial Booster - 15th Dec 2011 3:04pm
Thanks,i had a new aerial fitted in the summer,signal has always been weak on BBC 1+2,and has always been a bit crap when heavy rain is around.
I bought a freeview recorder and when i plug the aerial into that it has become worse.
I have had a look at reviews on boosters on Amazon and the ones they sell in Argos,some people say they work great but others say they don't.
Was hoping someone on wiki is using one that they could recommend.
Thanks
Posted By: mikethetrainman Re: Aerial Booster - 15th Dec 2011 3:10pm
cheers for the information thecomputerlab about our landlord, and cheers norton about the coax-wire our aerial is pointing towards the east towards the sportsmans pubregards mike. thumbsup p.s sorry poodlepup, i dont mean to piggy-back off your post, good luck in fixing your aerial!.
Posted By: poodlepup Re: Aerial Booster - 15th Dec 2011 3:26pm
No problem Mike,two birds with one stone and all that!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral