Forums
Posted By: AX_125 COD 4 Multiplayer - 3rd Jan 2009 3:07pm
Has anyone mastered this thing? Had my first go today and got pretty badly beaten, only got about 5 kills and died about 10 times.

It is a right pain when you see how the person sneaked up on you. I assume they have UAV or some sort of unlock that tells people where they are?

Does anyone play this game who could give me some online training or pointers. I am pretty good at BF2 on the PC so should be able to pick this up.
Posted By: MGCraig Re: COD 4 Multiplayer - 3rd Jan 2009 3:13pm
If you get a certain number of kills in a row, you earn a radar that shows where everyone is.... and then theres also the air raids etc etc.

Online people I find, are boring s they pla the game a lot, and become very good at it (No Lives raftl ).

Only hint and tips really are to practice a lot. Try and become accustomed to go for Headshots, as they bring people down easier and quicker. Also, choice of weapons.

I find a sniper is my favourite weapon, but even having a decent position, and getting a few kills, youll always have someone come up behind you.....
Posted By: MGCraig Re: COD 4 Multiplayer - 3rd Jan 2009 3:14pm
Oh, and when moving around, make use of the running option. Try to move as much as you can, a stationary target is a sitting duck.Probably why its difficult to be a goo sniper happy
Posted By: Wheels Re: COD 4 Multiplayer - 3rd Jan 2009 3:19pm
I love the game but have moved over to Gear Of War2 now.

Add ROMEO UK to your friends and ill play you, It also depends on what type of game mode you play.

p.s you do mean for the xbox 360 dont you.
Posted By: Rhobit Re: COD 4 Multiplayer - 3rd Jan 2009 3:57pm
Originally Posted by Wheels
I love the game but have moved over to Gear Of War2 now.

Add ROMEO UK to your friends and ill play you, It also depends on what type of game mode you play.

p.s you do mean for the xbox 360 dont you.

I have played CoD 4 in the past alot too, when you're starting out in the game you're at a big disadvantage to alot of the players you're up against. As you gain points in multiplayer games you unlock new weapons, scopes and abilities.

As soon as you can start setting up custom classes with red-dot sites and get a feel for what weapons you're comfortable with. Additionally, alot of players play with extra damage and extra health perks called Stopping Power and Juggernaut. Once you unlock those you should find things quite a bit easier.

The good news is that on your first run through (your first prestige) you accumulate these points pretty quickly. I'd recommend that you try playing in a fair few headquarters games until you get comfy as these award you heavily in points for team bonuses and also give you an option to hang back from the main action a bit more than the deathmatch maps.

The more you get to know the maps the better you'll get aswell.
Posted By: AX_125 Re: COD 4 Multiplayer - 3rd Jan 2009 4:14pm
Just had a go at deathmatch, i am pretty good at these, killing more than being killed plus i am stealing the guns of the dead peeps.

Just gonna be practice me thinks, i am on Xbox live if anyone wants to add me robert_raw
Posted By: Wheels Re: COD 4 Multiplayer - 3rd Jan 2009 4:29pm
I like to play search and destroy, once your dead thats it, no respawns.

AX_125 I didnt realise it was you "robert raw" lol, when you sent me the invite my computer wouldnt recognise the COD4 disk frown
Posted By: AX_125 Re: COD 4 Multiplayer - 3rd Jan 2009 8:49pm
were you romeo uk?

i think i killed you a few times tease
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: COD 4 Multiplayer - 3rd Jan 2009 8:52pm
add IDrunkn IMunky if u want, quite fancy a go on this again, gettin bored of CoD5
Posted By: Wheels Re: COD 4 Multiplayer - 3rd Jan 2009 9:12pm
lmao yes I am ROMEO UK.

Davey I didnt realise you changed your name to that, I was thinking yesterday Who the funk is this guy!?! lol
Posted By: Wheels Re: COD 4 Multiplayer - 3rd Jan 2009 10:18pm
Davey you girl! I came on and you ran away in fear tease

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: COD 4 Multiplayer - 4th Jan 2009 12:37am
lol soz mate, was just goin for a shower but then ended up fixin the gf's son's computer! was doin alrite as well lol - first game in like 2 or 3 months n got 17 kills / 2 deaths haha
Posted By: AX_125 Re: COD 4 Multiplayer - 12th Jan 2009 8:43pm
I am the f'ffing shizzle at this game now, only on level 10 and i am reguarly getting well over 100 points and have finished 1st on several occasions.

It helps when i sit close to the tv
Posted By: StuyMac Re: COD 4 Multiplayer - 13th Jan 2009 1:14pm
Play Headquarters to get your rank / points up - 1000-2000 points per game isnt out of the question wink
Posted By: AX_125 Re: COD 4 Multiplayer - 13th Jan 2009 1:49pm
Yeah, i just unlocked that and was on a tiny map, couldn't believe how quick that game goes.
Posted By: Wheels Re: COD 4 Multiplayer - 13th Jan 2009 2:01pm
Search & Destroy Oldshcool rocks
Posted By: exploding_penguin Re: COD 4 Multiplayer - 17th Jan 2009 11:17am
cod5 is a better game imho. just becaus the maps r so much better.
still great to play 4 tho.
has everyone got the maps pack?
btw exploding pingu is my gamertag
Posted By: AX_125 Re: COD 4 Multiplayer - 27th May 2009 11:54am
Been a few month playing this game now, upto level 51, it is by far the best console game i have ever played.

Can't say i was fussed with COD5, WW2, been there, done that.
Posted By: DJ_Karl_David Re: COD 4 Multiplayer - 27th May 2009 11:56am
cod 4 is offcially the best game ever made smile
Posted By: Wheels Re: COD 4 Multiplayer - 27th May 2009 6:24pm
been playing all week smile

Hardcore TDM smile

Add "ROMEO UK"
Posted By: AX_125 Re: COD 4 Multiplayer - 27th May 2009 6:47pm
aye, hardcore is all i play now-a-days
Posted By: exploding_penguin Re: COD 4 Multiplayer - 27th May 2009 10:08pm
HC search and destroy is the way forward!
Posted By: DJ_Karl_David Re: COD 4 Multiplayer - 3rd Jun 2009 8:56pm
anyone up for a wiki game of this? all of us in a game??
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: COD 4 Multiplayer - 3rd Jun 2009 9:30pm
hate s&d

not had a proper go on CoD for ages really...
Posted By: DJ_Karl_David Re: COD 4 Multiplayer - 3rd Jun 2009 9:44pm
i prefer free for all to be honest.
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: COD 4 Multiplayer - 3rd Jun 2009 9:46pm
free for all is my choice too... it's all i play really, or the ocassional team deathmatch - everything else is crap!
Posted By: DJ_Karl_David Re: COD 4 Multiplayer - 3rd Jun 2009 10:23pm
i added you before mate, will have a game when your on.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral