Forums
Posted By: scoop All in one codec pack - 19th Aug 2006 8:51pm
Anybody got any links to a coded pack i can download that will give my comp the ability to play ANYTHING. I stumbled across one a while back that made any format work,but now cant find any such thing,only found them one by one and wud rather
a)save time
b)limit the amount of folders on my hard drive
Posted By: MattLFC Re: All in one codec pack - 19th Aug 2006 10:22pm
You dont need codecs! Getting codecs is the old fashioned way to do things hehe.

Get the future, get VLC Media Player .

Been using it for over two years now, never had to download a single codec (of course it can play proprietary formats like Quicktime and Realmedia - but you cant get codecs for them anyway), never had it crash or refuse to play something and it has a tiny memory footprint.

Will play pretty much anything, so long as its not proprietry.

smile
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: All in one codec pack - 20th Aug 2006 1:22am
sounds good that matty, might try it, if all else fails theres a number of em - ace mega codecs pack or kazaa lite codec pack - both are good, but I wouldn't recommend installing both at the same time (go for the ace one)

I have both installed & more cas I do a lot of video and music work, so need to have codecs for numerous programs, not just players
Posted By: scoop Re: All in one codec pack - 20th Aug 2006 2:54pm
VLC,had it,and still needed codecs for some things,and also i hate the fact u cant play things back to back,u have to go out and double click the next thing u wanna watch,hence why i love WMediaPlayer for videos,and i love winamp for audio. ill try that ace coded pack joe,cheers fors urs insputs guys
Posted By: MattLFC Re: All in one codec pack - 20th Aug 2006 11:16pm
???

The only formats you cant run with VLC are propritery formats, that are copyrighted to individual companies. (Real, Indeo, AMR etc).

VLC will run just about every other format under the sun.

Video Lan Feature List
© Wirral-Wikiwirral