Forums
Posted By: BMW Joe CCTV - Are you being watched - 24th May 2007 8:34pm
[Linked Image]

Don't know if any of you saw this program last week? But I really enjoyed watching it.

It just shows that the thousands and millions of pounds spent on CCTV equipment is actually helping, not to prevent but as a fight against anti social behaviour. I don't think there is any prevention to anti-social behaviour.

These new 'speaking' cameras costing £40,000 to install in Middlesborough seemed very effective.

Also, the punishments for all the offences shown were all appropriate and not too leanient.

One of the videos showed an innocent man in Glasgow getting his head kicked in whilst waiting at a bus stop. The offender was sentanced to 30 months imprisonment which I thought was very fair considering how violent he was.

I don't mind being monitored by all this CCTV, it makes for a safer community.

What about you?

Do you mind being caught on CCTV around 30 times a day?
Posted By: Wheels Re: CCTV - Are you being watched - 24th May 2007 8:59pm
I saw this too and the week earlier.

as said above i don't mind as long as its only on the streets/shops/roads and no one can see inside your house.

miss use of CCTV means you get a £5000 fine. but i know many major company's are breaking the law already and have done for years, so i guess it is very open to abuse.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: CCTV - Are you being watched - 24th May 2007 11:49pm
Im not bothered, ive got nothing to hide and im not a criminal so why should I be?? So long as they aint in my private space (ie. my house) they can plonk as many camera's about as possible, the more the better, they DO reduce crime!
Posted By: FlightlessNinja Re: CCTV - Are you being watched - 18th Jun 2007 3:15pm
Here's a little fact. If you go to your local council under the data protection act you are allowed to have your face removed for their cctv tapes.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral