Forums
Posted By: MattLFC 1 In 10 Google Results Contain Mallicious Code - 11th May 2007 4:51pm
Originally Posted by BBC news
One in 10 web pages scrutinised by search giant Google contained malicious code that could infect a user's PC.
Researchers from the firm surveyed billions of sites, subjecting 4.5 million pages to "in-depth analysis".

About 450,000 were capable of launching so-called "drive-by downloads", sites that install malicious code, such as spyware, without a user's knowledge.

A further 700,000 pages were thought to contain code that could compromise a user's computer, the team report.

To address the problem, the researchers say the company has "started an effort to identify all web pages on the internet that could be malicious".

Jeeze, you would think their bots would be able to check for most types of mallicious code by now. They really need to do something about this.

BBC News Report
Posted By: Mark Re: 1 In 10 Google Results Contain Mallicious Code - 11th May 2007 4:54pm
Time Bomb Internet omg

I don't think i'm surprised to be honest.
Lol I particuarly like this idea:

To address the problem, the researchers say the company has "started an effort to identify all web pages on the internet that could be malicious".

That will be great fun, I wish them the very best of luck in the world, they will need it haha grin
© Wirral-Wikiwirral