Forums
Posted By: MattLFC 5 Critical Windows Flaws Fixed - Update Now - 11th Apr 2007 12:39pm
Originally Posted by BBC News
Windows users are being urged to download the latest security patches from Microsoft to protect themselves.

In its monthly security update Microsoft released five patches, four of which are for flaws the software firm rates as "critical".

Flaws given this rating are so serious that they could be used to hijack a Windows PC without a user's knowledge.

The update includes a new version of a patch released in early April that had been causing problems for some users.

Please visit Microsoft Windows Update to obtain any fixes that apply to your OS and ensure your system is up to date and protected.

BBC News Report
nice one mate will have to sort that out right now. thanks for info
Posted By: Mark Re: 5 Critical Windows Flaws Fixed - Update Now - 11th Apr 2007 9:37pm
Yeh got mine automatically today on all my comps,
it makes you think how vulnerable your machine can be,
but if i remember you can still down load security patches
even if your copy of XP isn't legal.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: 5 Critical Windows Flaws Fixed - Update Now - 12th Apr 2007 1:27am
I never have automatic updates turned on, I think its partly cos as an IT technician by trade, I like to know and be in charge of whats on my computer, and partly cos ive had sooooooo many dodgy cPanel updates in the last 5 years on my web servers im warey of any type of update now haha!

I try to do as little updating as possible, only the most important updates go on my machines, never ever install the .net application crap hehe.

I think only security patches that have a certain rating could be downloaded to an illegal XP install, but they changed it when they released WGA, so now users get bugged about getting a genuine copy.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral