Forums
Posted By: derekdwc British streets - 19th Jul 2014 9:34am
this site may be helpful to anyone looking for a house number in a street, road, avenue.
Type in streetname in search and click on openstreetmap and magnify when map appears

click

Attached picture british streets.jpg
Posted By: Anonymous Re: British streets - 19th Jul 2014 9:43am
Looks like a handy site Derek. Thanks.
Posted By: derekdwc Re: British streets - 19th Jul 2014 10:08am
bit confused here
Mounsey Road, Egerton Park, Wirral?
where is/was Egerton Park? in Tranmere?
Posted By: bert1 Re: British streets - 19th Jul 2014 10:20am
Egerton Park is off Bebington rd, opposite Cavendish dr/ Hesketh Ave
Posted By: derekdwc Re: British streets - 19th Jul 2014 12:48pm
Possibly it originally came under Prenton and Egerton ward boundary and they made a mistake saying park

Boundary maps click
and election maps click

Attached picture egerton.jpg
Posted By: bert1 Re: British streets - 19th Jul 2014 1:30pm
1888,map
Egerton Park was in the Egerton Ward, Mounsey rd was Clifton ward.

Attached picture egerton.JPG
Posted By: chriskay Re: British streets - 19th Jul 2014 3:21pm
The site refuses to find me, despite my road being clearly on the map. I've searched using the exact wording given on the map as well as variations, but it gives "no results". I can only conclude that I am so important to the security services that they don't want anyone to find me. nono
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: British streets - 19th Jul 2014 6:57pm
Originally Posted by chriskay
The site refuses to find me, despite my road being clearly on the map. I've searched using the exact wording given on the map as well as variations, but it gives "no results". I can only conclude that I am so important to the security services that they don't want anyone to find me. nono

I used an asterix after the streets/road first name
church* road
and that worked
Posted By: chriskay Re: British streets - 19th Jul 2014 8:55pm
Originally Posted by ZipperClub
Originally Posted by chriskay

I used an asterix after the streets/road first name
church* road
and that worked

Thanks for the tip. I tried entering the street name + asterisk and instead of coming up with "no result" it gave me two streets in different parts of the country but not mine. I wouldn't mind, but my street is on the map and named, so why can't the system find it?
Posted By: chriskay Re: British streets - 19th Jul 2014 9:06pm
Stupid system. It says that, although it's not case sensitive, it is punctuation sensitive. My address has an apostrophe in it: if I use the apostrophe, the system doesn't find it but if I omit the apostrophe (incorrectly), it finds it.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral