Forums
Posted By: ghostly1 Down memory lane...... - 17th Aug 2012 8:21pm
Just been reading a few of the Wirral Journal Series from 1990s onwards and was particularly fascinated in the down memory lane section. If your not familiar with this it basically include articles from the older readers accounts of their youth including particular places they remember on the Wirral. Just a thought but how about starting something similar on here (if its not done already). I am sure people have recounted the memories on different posts but how about putting them in one place. I dont know about you but I would be facinated to hear people's memory's during any decade of the last millenium ;-) I however can only account for the 80s onwards (its not memory loss i was just born then hehe) so put your memories down here for us all to enjoy ;-) I'll see if I have anything interesting to share but I am sure it will not be half as good as some stories others ;-)
Posted By: zigzagwanderer Re: Down memory lane...... - 17th Aug 2012 10:28pm
Sounds like a good idea .
Posted By: granny Re: Down memory lane...... - 17th Aug 2012 10:41pm
Hi Ghostly.

There was this site which Elizabeth instigated last year.It is very similar to your idea. Some of the posts from the old gits are hilarious, but you have to start at the beginning really, to capture some of the mood. It was fun, so good idea from you, lets have some more.

https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums...995/Was_it_really_better.html#Post630995
Posted By: dave_h Re: Down memory lane...... - 18th Aug 2012 9:13am
he's back!
Posted By: dave_h Re: Down memory lane...... - 18th Aug 2012 9:14am
ive got a few though you will have to bear with me whilst i try and think of a way to write it that doesnt offend too many ppl....................
Posted By: sunnyside Re: Down memory lane...... - 18th Aug 2012 9:44am
Originally Posted by ghostly1
Just been reading a few of the Wirral Journal Series from 1990s onwards and was particularly fascinated in the down memory lane section. If your not familiar with this it basically include articles from the older readers accounts of their youth including particular places they remember on the Wirral. Just a thought but how about starting something similar on here (if its not done already). I am sure people have recounted the memories on different posts but how about putting them in one place. I dont know about you but I would be facinated to hear people's memory's during any decade of the last millenium ;-) I however can only account for the 80s onwards (its not memory loss i was just born then hehe) so put your memories down here for us all to enjoy ;-) I'll see if I have anything interesting to share but I am sure it will not be half as good as some stories others ;-)
thats a great idea,
Posted By: dave_h Re: Down memory lane...... - 21st Aug 2012 8:21am
anyone rmember the old st josephs youth club before it was knocked down?
Posted By: dave_h Re: Down memory lane...... - 22nd Aug 2012 10:09am
who rmembers jeff's shop by well lane police station always had the german shepard in it
Posted By: futurepast Re: Down memory lane...... - 23rd Aug 2012 10:55am
Who remember's patterson's fruit shop on Bedford road,Rockferry, it used to have the original space invaders inside (early 80's)we used to put a plastic fork in the money slot and clock up credits on one of the games for free
Posted By: 2005wireman Re: Down memory lane...... - 23rd Aug 2012 2:57pm
is parks still open used to be near birkenhead park station.
Posted By: dave_h Re: Down memory lane...... - 23rd Aug 2012 10:06pm
Originally Posted by futurepast
Who remember's patterson's fruit shop on Bedford road,Rockferry, it used to have the original space invaders inside (early 80's)we used to put a plastic fork in the money slot and clock up credits on one of the games for free

fab!
Posted By: dave_h Re: Down memory lane...... - 23rd Aug 2012 10:06pm
Originally Posted by 2005wireman

i go past all the time and dont recall the name on any of the shops, ill look out for it tomorrow
Posted By: kimpri Re: Down memory lane...... - 23rd Aug 2012 10:40pm
no,it shut down years ago.
Posted By: dave_h Re: Down memory lane...... - 29th Aug 2012 5:59pm
Originally Posted by kimpri1
no,it shut down years ago.

probable why i couldnt see it lol
Posted By: nestonlad Re: Down memory lane...... - 3rd Sep 2012 8:26am
Theres the wirral memories on this site i use i'm sure people would welcome the memories on there

http://oldwirral.activeboard.com/index.spark?aBID=131740&p=1
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Down memory lane...... - 3rd Sep 2012 8:57am
Thanks nestonlad for the link. All good stuff!
Posted By: derekdwc Re: Down memory lane...... - 8th Sep 2012 10:06am
Just found this interesting site about Birkenhead, similar to this post click
Posted By: Geoff1954 Re: Down memory lane...... - 17th Nov 2012 11:09am
Hi there my wife used to live in Medway road rockferry she remembers pattersons sweet shop on Bedford rd ..Mr Paterson is still going and lives in Portsunlight and goes to St Anne's church
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: Down memory lane...... - 17th Nov 2012 11:41am
Originally Posted by Geoff1954
Hi there my wife used to live in Medway road rockferry she remembers pattersons sweet shop on Bedford rd ..Mr Paterson is still going and lives in Portsunlight and goes to St Anne's church
I remember Pattersons shop on Bedford Road,he and his wife used to go to St.Annes social club along with their son and daughter(who was quite a looker as I recall).I'm glad he's still with us.Was his first name Jim?
Posted By: Geoff1954 Re: Down memory lane...... - 17th Nov 2012 5:10pm
Hi yes my wife said his name is jim
© Wirral-Wikiwirral