Forums
Posted By: yewgarth New Ferry - 10th Mar 2011 8:33pm
This is one taken of Napier Rd New Ferry in 1970. It looks like it hasn't changed much since WW11

Attached picture 054.JPG
Posted By: yewgarth Re: New Ferry - 10th Mar 2011 8:37pm
Here's one of New Ferry Shorefields. I'm sure most people would remember this Lifeboat as they were passing to go to the baths. The photo was taken in 1970.

Attached picture 052.JPG
Posted By: chris7777 Re: New Ferry - 10th Mar 2011 8:45pm
i remember that! we used to play in it as kids! i wonder what happened to it? were did it go? how did it get there? i remember being told it was dragged up from the shore? there was a gully in the ground as tho it had been dragged there, does anyone know?
Posted By: yewgarth Re: New Ferry - 10th Mar 2011 8:52pm
i remember the drag line up the grass. The boat used to be full of water and rubbish. Us as kids were always in it. it was filled with concrete later on. Then one day it just wasn't there....gone.
Posted By: BARRY72 Re: New Ferry - 13th Sep 2012 6:05pm
any old pics of lees ave and howson street or gohic street rock ferry
Posted By: mikereece Re: New Ferry - 7th Feb 2018 2:18pm
Dont know how it got there, but i lived on corner of field close and spent many a time playing in it. I know it was removed for health and safety, obviously as kids we were always getting hurt playing on it lol. stupid. i wonder how we lived so long sometimes.
Posted By: yoller Re: New Ferry - 8th Feb 2018 9:05pm
We used to go to New Ferry baths when we were kids and I well remember seeing this ruined lifeboat. At that time, there was the wreck of a ship lying just off the nearby shore - it was there for many years. I wonder if this lifeboat had any connection?
Posted By: ynwa96 Re: New Ferry - 8th Feb 2018 9:20pm
Old Dennis, who used to live in the house on the corner put it there!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral