Forums
Posted By: RawtenstallBus Pandh Travel - 22nd Jan 2021 8:35pm
I'm trying to find a view of ex Rossendale Transport double decker bus registration number DDK 26W operating with Pandh Travel of Wallasey.
Posted By: Fidelio Re: Pandh Travel - 22nd Jan 2021 9:12pm
How interesting.
Posted By: Salmon Re: Pandh Travel - 23rd Jan 2021 10:24am
Does this help?
https://thetransportlibrary.co.uk/i...628&search=Rossendale+C+C&page=3
Posted By: mikeeb Re: Pandh Travel - 23rd Jan 2021 10:58am
Nice find Salmon.
Posted By: Norton Re: Pandh Travel - 23rd Jan 2021 11:27am
Just type the registration into the Google search bar. I've just done that and saw it in several liveries, including one with all-over advertising.
Posted By: mikeeb Re: Pandh Travel - 23rd Jan 2021 11:50am
That doesn't show when I google it. Very strange.
The only hits I get by searching the reg plates of the 2 buses are these wiki posts.
I thought all google searches were universal if in the same location.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Pandh Travel - 23rd Jan 2021 1:47pm
All google searches are personalised, google profiles you and returns results it thinks are more applicable to your profile.

It also profiles searches, so if you first search Birkenhead it then looks at other profiles to see what others searched for after searching for Birkenhead and uses that to personalise your search.

Every item you click on in the search results is scored, so higher used results are promoted higher.

This is most annoying when you run websites, I do a search for things on my websites and it puts them at the top of the search for me but they occur further down the list for others. Whilst Google provide statistics through Google Search Console (formally Google Webmasters Tools), they never let you work out the profiling algorithms.

Not only search engines do this, Ebay and many other big companies do similar.
Posted By: mikeeb Re: Pandh Travel - 23rd Jan 2021 2:40pm
How come when I done a search on the registration number it couldn't find anything?
Surely my profile is searching for that number, so why didn't it produce it like it did for Norton?
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Pandh Travel - 23rd Jan 2021 4:01pm
Originally Posted by mikeeb
How come when I done a search on the registration number it couldn't find anything?
Surely my profile is searching for that number, so why didn't it produce it like it did for Norton?

Omit the space in the middle of the registration and you will find it.

Omitting spaces, hyphens etc forces two words to be thought of as a phrase eg "birkenheadbridge" will find results that contain the phrase "birkenhead bridge"

Alternatively you can put phrases in quotes which again forces it to search for the phrase but this doesn't work as well usually.

Unfortunately google images doesn't allow phrase search.
Posted By: RawtenstallBus Re: Pandh Travel - 23rd Jan 2021 7:02pm
Thanks for all the various replies, I'm aware of the websites mentioned but I'm looking just for views with Pandh if anyone can help
© Wirral-Wikiwirral